⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ProspectorPete said:
..... time to head to the motel before the rain hits.

Missed this previously, too busy looking at your gold finds ....... nice job throwing in the accommodation while prospecting.
Sadly cheap motel/CP accommodate is about the only way I do overnight trips these days, putting up/taking down the tent is too much like hard work these days.

Teemore said:
ProspectorPete said:

Missed this previously, too busy looking at your gold finds ....... nice job throwing in the accommodation while prospecting.
Sadly cheap motel/CP accommodate is about the only way I do overnight trips these days, putting up/taking down the tent is too much like hard work these days.
When work sends me country for a few days (usually a few days each month) they pay for the motels so it's a win win for me, as soon as I've finished work I'll head out detecting for 2-3 hours but I'm restricted by the size of my big work van (that they supply) so I stick to the main dirt tracks for access.
When I go away for a few days by myself I'll camp and live out of my 4x4 and if the wife comes along then I take the Jayco Swan Outback and camp right at the diggings I want to detect so I don't have to travel anywhere :perfect:

ProspectorPete said:
Teemore said:
ProspectorPete said:

When work sends me country for a few days (usually a few days each month) they pay for the motels so it's a win win for me, as soon as I've finished work I'll head out detecting for 2-3 hours but I'm restricted by the size of my big work van (that they supply) so I stick to the main dirt tracks for access.
When I go away for a few days by myself I'll camp and live out of my 4x4 and if the wife comes along then I take the Jayco Swan Outback and camp right at the diggings I want to detect so I don't have to travel anywhere :perfect:

Perfect lifestyle, next to retirement.
Bit of an aside, had a mate working for Telstra, instead of staying in the motel when sent bush he'd pitch a tent .... but claim the cash.
Stay Cool, T.

1641017293_1582392f-6fef-428a-bf0e-f72e844f51cb.jpg

Last few crumbs for the year.

Hi all

Happy New Year to everyone.

Found a mound a dirt in a cleared pine forest and pulled out 28 fly specks with the SDC and 2 more close by for 1.32 grms..

1641267373_img_2228-min-min-min.jpg

Thought I saw a glint of gold in the dirt so I filled 6 buckets and panned it.

Results .47g,

1641267824_img_2229-min.jpg

Melted all my SDC fly specks down for a 8.33grm button, :)

1641268062_img_2236-min.jpg

Regards Anthony.

AUaddict said:
Hi all

Happy New Year to everyone.

Found a mound a dirt in a cleared pine forest and pulled out 28 fly specks with the SDC and 2 more close by for 1.32 grms..

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/9237/1641267373_img_2228-min-min-min.jpg

Thought I saw a glint of gold in the dirt so I filled 6 buckets and panned it.

Results .47g,

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/9237/1641267824_img_2229-min.jpg

Melted all my SDC fly specks down for a 8.33grm button, :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/9237/1641268062_img_2236-min.jpg

Regards Anthony.

Nice work mate :clap: :perfect:

Jaros said:
That practice was quite common except when sent to Ballarat in winter for a cuppla weeks. Much to cold for a tent stay-Joisus. I remember that the pond in front of the school froze over all the time. Brrrrrrrr!!!!
I remember as a kid I went to Ballarat to ride once, we got there about midday and the track was totally covered in frost, I reckon its the coldest place I've ever been :argh:

Dave's Office said:
Jaros said:
That practice was quite common except when sent to Ballarat in winter for a cuppla weeks. Much to cold for a tent stay-Joisus. I remember that the pond in front of the school froze over all the time. Brrrrrrrr!!!!
I remember as a kid I went to Ballarat to ride once, we got there about midday and the track was totally covered in frost, I reckon its the coldest place I've ever been :argh:

My missus reckons its the coldest place in Oz too.

Jaros said:

Dave's Office said:
Jaros said:

:8 must have been cold so much so you still shiver from the experience and end up telling the story twice twice :playful:

Latest posts