⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing Great said:
Went to ballarat yesterday and picked up Yet another skidplate for the evo. Gee they wear out quick.

Anyways whilst there i exchanged an unwanted xmas present-a pair of ss300 hesdphones-for an SP01 enhancer.
Thought I would give it a go as most on here rave about them.
Went out tonight and gave it a test run.

Managed to find 4 bits of gold but had my share of dramas. The connection on the headphones seemed loose and the sound cut in and out each time I bent over etc. Swapped plug ends around but was still hit and miss. Anyways found some gold so will continue to try it out and see if it helps performance.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/13217/1546602781_2019-01-04_21.38.07.jpg

Nice work again NG now you need to change your name to Gold's Great :Y: :D . Pitty about the audio problems hope you get it sorted asap. Any particular reason for swapping the headphones I've found mine work well, when I get to use them :|.

No drama D.G and good luck with it all.

Hey R.M I never even tried them to be honest. Since getting my replacement koss headphones that came with a longer lead i have really been happy with them so figured if it aint broke dont fix it.

Plus i bought a second hand spare set like you suggested so I dont really need 3 sets of headphones so figured why not try something else.

The audio problem was in the patch lead on the input side of the sp01. Its like the socket is too large for the plug Ya gotta keep pressure on it to stop it cutting out. I wont stand for that for long out the bush I can tell ya lol

Nothing Great said:
No drama D.G and good luck with it all.

Hey R.M I never even tried them to be honest. Since getting my replacement koss headphones that came with a longer lead i have really been happy with them so figured if it aint broke dont fix it.

Plus i bought a second hand spare set like you suggested so I dont really need 3 sets of headphones so figured why not try something else.

The audio problem was in the patch lead on the input side of the sp01. Its like the socket is too large for the plug Ya gotta keep pressure on it to stop it cutting out. I wont stand for that for long out the bush I can tell ya lol

Try using a scotchbrite/green scourer pad on the plugs on the input cable. Give them a good clean (virtually polish the plugs clean). Nearly all the issues I've seen relate to contamination on the plugs. A lot of the time you cant even see the contamination. The sP01 has quite a high input impedance so if there is contamination of the plugs it can show up as audio crackling/cutting in and out.

regards Pat

Did as suggested and scrubbed the plugs on the sp01. Seemed much better only played up once during the 3 hours I was out tonight. Picked up 4 small bits. 1 of them only 30cm from a fresh hole that was left unfilled. Walked over to kick the dirt back in and bingo. Gold. Thanks for that old mate ;)

1546686541_2019-01-05_21.39.47.jpg

Hi Folks,

Couldnt stand it any longer. A couple of months without swinging a stick just gets to ya after a while. The hot weather, humidity and other distractions eventually take a toll on a blokes sanity. Had a bit of time to spare this morning and the weather forecast was in favour of a short stint in the bush. Happy to get the Hoover out for an hour and a half in a spot Id never looked at before. Almost forgot what yella stuff sounds or looks like and was pleasantly surprised to come home with a few small bits. Probably a mistake as the fever has now intensified. I can see a few days of dehydration and exhaustion following as the days heat up. Hopefully common sense prevails.
1546741859_513ffb9c-bb2f-46c5-b9d2-29dcbf8df6bd.jpg

Cheers

Les

Well done Chuky, NG and Lesgold :Y:
And I hear ya mate. I dont get out much these days but found a few little ones today, only the second time I been out these holidays :mad:
I start loosing my mind if I cant get out at least once a fortnight, any longer than that I probably need a straitjacket.

Congrats Dave & Betina.

Keep plugging away, those better ones are out there.

Hey Dave, where did you get that good looking handle on your detector stem?

Looks nice and strong, and has it got an attached lead guide (Protector Shield)?

Best regards ozziegold.

Latest posts