⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today went over to Bendigo to pick up a nice used NF 15” Evo from Miners Den. Hoping to upgrade my armory of coils since rebuying a 5000 a few months back.
Managed a swing out in the Whipstick for a few hours before heading home and pinged this tiddler with the 5000 with an 8“ round at 2 to 3 inches. It’s still there! FBA72978-7EFC-4FA2-A6C5-058A8FD179CB.jpeg

Well after getting my new second hand sdc for cheap I've added the coiltek 10x5 and 2 of the new lithium batteries and headed of to Nundle as I was up there for a wedding, so with a few days up my sleeve I headed up to hanging Rock pulled off to the side found some red dirt and hey presto first signal ,4 inches Down a little nugget, if only it was that easy all the time 20220524_123058.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Teemore. Add my congrats on a great close up. If only someone could make a miniature ruler to put alongside the nuggets.
Was that photo with a USB microscope or a camera?
Taken with iPhone viewed through a loupe .... the Dime is about the size of a 2 cent (or old sixpenny) piece. Will try to look up some measurement "scale" backgrounds.

Just take them like that because I like the look of individual pieces.

We enjoyed a few weeks away, plenty of flies and a bit of rain but a bit of gold as well.

Mrs M 2.85g.jpg

Mrs M pulled this one out poking the SDC2300 through a bushy area I'd just been over with the GPX6000 :oops:

2.83.jpg

Most of the nuggets we found were sub-grammers so this one put a smile on her dial :)

Latest posts