Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Diginit

Gavin of Garfield
Joined
Dec 7, 2021
Messages
409
Reaction score
1,037
Location
Australia
Few hours this morning before heat and being bitten by march flies defeated me :mad: One piece is rope gold wrapped around some iron stone and should be a nice piece once cleaned up.

1642143833_dells_13_-02.jpg


1642144867_dells_12.jpg
 

Diginit

Gavin of Garfield
Joined
Dec 7, 2021
Messages
409
Reaction score
1,037
Location
Australia
Mackka said:
Nice Diginit, wonder what it looks like cleaned?
Mackka

The rope gold should be real nice but will have to be extra careful on the clean up. Rope gold will usually fetch more than it's scale weight due to natures ability to weave :D Heats dropping a bit now so about to go out and clean up the rest of the patch. With a tin of Bushmans ;)
 
Joined
Feb 18, 2014
Messages
6,854
Reaction score
7,513
Location
Brisbane
Good luck Diginit, i think bush flies or any flies, midges etc eat / drink Bushmans for breakfast.
Mackka
 

Diginit

Gavin of Garfield
Joined
Dec 7, 2021
Messages
409
Reaction score
1,037
Location
Australia
Mackka said:
Good luck Diginit, i think bush flies or any flies, midges etc eat / drink Bushmans for breakfast.
Mackka

No issue as rain stopped the intention. Shall have to be an early start tomorrow now :rolleyes: Meanwhile have amused one self by starting to clean up the rope :p You would swear it was a man made weave

1642153861_rope_1.jpg


1642154017_rope_2.jpg


Hard to get a good image of rope as it's pretty intricate.

1642155031_rope_3.jpg
 

Diginit

Gavin of Garfield
Joined
Dec 7, 2021
Messages
409
Reaction score
1,037
Location
Australia
RM Outback said:
Diginit that is a bloody ripper find :perfect: :beer:
Thanks bloke. Yeah pretty happy as my first rope gold type nugget. Just put a third pic up but you still can't see how it is actually standing proud of ironstone. It basically looks like a piece of tangled cotton. Nature can certainly deliver the goods. :Y:
This pic is probably better to show how intricate it really is

1642155435_rope_4.jpg


1642155673_rope_5.jpg
 
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
7,529
Reaction score
14,585
Diginit said:
RM Outback said:
Diginit that is a bloody ripper find :perfect: :beer:
Thanks bloke. Yeah pretty happy as my first rope gold type nugget. Just put a third pic up but you still can't see how it is actually standing proud of ironstone. It basically looks like a piece of tangled cotton. Nature can certainly deliver the goods. :Y:
This pic is probably better to show how intricate it really is

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/22230/1642155435_rope_4.jpg

Have you got a multi metre to do a continuity test to find out if it is one piece. You don't want it to fall apart :argh:
 

Diginit

Gavin of Garfield
Joined
Dec 7, 2021
Messages
409
Reaction score
1,037
Location
Australia
It appears this nugget could be crystalline gold which apparently is pretty rare in Australia . Hope to clean it up but don't want to destroy it in the process :awful:
 
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
7,529
Reaction score
14,585
Diginit said:
It appears this nugget could be crystalline gold which apparently is pretty rare in Australia . Hope to clean it up but don't want to destroy it in the process :awful:

Seek advice from some experts if you don't know. Could well be crystalline :D :perfect:
 

Diginit

Gavin of Garfield
Joined
Dec 7, 2021
Messages
409
Reaction score
1,037
Location
Australia
Conrad thanks for confirming :Y: Pretty happy as apparently only 0.04% of world gold is crystallized and is regarded as rare . On reading up on it the Georgetown area in FNQ is know for it's crystalline gold. Happy camper :D
 

Diginit

Gavin of Garfield
Joined
Dec 7, 2021
Messages
409
Reaction score
1,037
Location
Australia
Whilst seeking what and why Crystalline gold is so rare, apparently its the purest form having not travelled or been effected by erosion etc. As I found three pieces within two feet of each other I was pondering how and why you would find Crystalline along side non Crystalline gold :eek: On further inspection I think the other two pieces may also be Crystalline. Well here's hoping :D Either way as soon as the heat of day drops a little I'll be nicking back out there tonight to find their mates ;)

1642222907_crys_1.jpg


1642222930_crys_2.jpg
 

Latest posts

Top