⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1546262674_230d69c4-7d00-4ed2-8229-3ac0e2ca16af.jpg

Been at it for 2 n a bit years now had gold come out around me over that time was so frustrating to not be getting. This post goes out to all the gold virgins. It will come as was said to me learn your tecta then get yourself over gold. Both peices bang 1g. Had my 4500 I recently had Ray you legend from batemans change things up. A gpz many 5000s N sdc have wacked this spot n not much trash comes off now I got em new yrs eve morning n other last week.todays peice I had in 5 mins Super stoked both were second targets dug thats an awesome trash ratio imagine if I could keep that up lol yeah right. Yesterday I was just a boy who had found gold today I became a detecterist.
Ps heres a tip. Thanks C$$$$ n D$$$ for the almost full bucket of trash removed you bloody legends. Watch this space. No longer virgin. Oh yeah nsw represent.

Thanks les. My problem was me n my settings I was on top of gold the whole time. When I lost a 4g peice to a sdc we threw it back in hole n I couldnt get it a 3 inch I knew something was wrong. Man the gpx learning curve is steep. Got it all sorted now. I got 1 with 11 commander mono run in dd. (What please explain). Yeah I didnt leave the house for almost a year after Id lost a close m8. 3rd day back into it. Im back n here to stay. Expecting our 3rd boy in 2 weeks so wont get any time soon. Will pm you les when it gets cooler in a few months to come down to mogo

Happy New Year to all!
I have been pretty quiet on here last year with a lot going on and not much spare time to surf the forums.
I see there have been some great finds of late by members, well done to all!
I thought I would try and hit the New Year running and have a good season on the gold, I braved the heat and wriggle sticks to spend 3 Hours is arvo going over some steep ground I had covered previously, and managed to turn this little speci up with the SDC after a couple of hours (buckets!) of sweat and plenty of steel and lead. Pretty happy with a find on the first day of the year.

Good luck to all this year on the yellow stuff!!
1546337384_image.jpg

Thanks for sharing the video Col

Ive been out there twice but only drove & wandered around ( no Detecting )

Nice work :goldnugget:

Went to ballarat yesterday and picked up Yet another skidplate for the evo. Gee they wear out quick.

Anyways whilst there i exchanged an unwanted xmas present-a pair of ss300 hesdphones-for an SP01 enhancer.
Thought I would give it a go as most on here rave about them.
Went out tonight and gave it a test run.

Managed to find 4 bits of gold but had my share of dramas. The connection on the headphones seemed loose and the sound cut in and out each time I bent over etc. Swapped plug ends around but was still hit and miss. Anyways found some gold so will continue to try it out and see if it helps performance.
1546602781_2019-01-04_21.38.07.jpg

Well did my last two hours of prospecting for 2018. Ended up with 3 more bits to take the tally to 132 :D

I wont post anymore pics till next year now :p

Happy New Year to everyone. :beer: :beer:

Hope 2019 is great to all of you lovely people and the gold keeps coming :goldnugget: :pickshovel:

Looks like your kicking butt on the Gold! Ant chance I could get a run down on your settings? Im also a new user to the 4500. Thanks! Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks so much for the link!

I am a massive fan and subscriber of Minelab golds! He is an awesome bloke who gives really helpful tips in his vids!

Looks like I have some reading to do! Thanks again!

Latest posts