Gold Bug issue or not issue.??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoops. Just had another look. Yes its the 3.5 socket. It's got is own plastic block. And there are exposed connections on the back of it but still couldn't touch the main board when the two halves of the box are connected together. The plastic nut jammed between the case would stop that. Think Ill glue it in properly though. The tape has given way a bit I see.

The 6.5 mm socket on mine is held in place with a plastic nut. The socket cannot move. There is a dollop of hot glue on the rear of the socket but it is not really required. The 3.5mm socket is only held by hot glue. there is no nut to secure the socket because the socket thread is too short and does not protrude enough through the case.
If a set of small hps were used it would be possible to push the socket into the case when the hps were connected. It is almost as though the 3.5mm socket was an after thought.
If I knew how to put up a photo here I could show what the insides of my GB looked like.

On the front half of the case mine has a circular cutout to capture the front half of the socket nut washer thingy. The back half of the case has a circular indentation to seat the washer part of the nut. Sooo tis only captured at the front. When the two halves are screwed together half of the socket washer nut sits in the indentation of the back section kind of like seating on a shelf. I can actually wiggle mine a frac. It's not super solid. Certainly ok to plug in and out of though. Know you mean about pics on here. I couldn't get it to work either.

Latest posts