Giving out locations

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Theres a creek near where I live that Ive been going to for a few years. It has very nice gold in patches but unfortunately was mentioned by people on one of the Facebook forums. Since then it has been absolutely smashed, rubbish everywhere etc. This is why I dont reveal my spots. Im not real keen on going there anymore but am lucky to have access to private land close by. On occasions it delivers a gram of gold per hour.

1619996357_68dfd9ef-00e9-4b54-b729-b6028722c3d7.jpg

Jaros said:
A bit like losing an old friend. Sorry to see it trashed.
That is a very good analogy Jaros. My daughters and I used to go here a lot - often just wandering in the bush without panning.

Jesus, so I'm guessing the parking area at the bridge looks like a tip?

20xwater said:
Jesus, so I'm guessing the parking area at the bridge looks like a tip?

The spot Im talking about is kilometres downstream from there - but yeah the parking area at the bridge is a bit grubby

I'm watching something happen on Facebook, gold monster training, new customers everyday, people that have no idea what to do are being put on ground...

Sad to hear mate.
Same happened to me...
Very early in my prospecting days I let slip what gully I dug up a 1 gram piece whilst sluicing.
Within a few weeks the gully was raped.
That was about 10 years ago... might go for a look see. The area might be forgotten again & some gold replenished :/

Jaros said:
Are you still at it Ag Man? Nice to hear from you.

Yeah mate, just a bit hit n miss/other priorities etc. too.
I do pop in here every now and then ;)

Its happening alot around bathurst with the turon or sunny corner! people make makeshift dunnies and dump them in the creek along with bottle/cans. My mate came across a porta potty dumped in the stream and the blue liquid leaking out into the stream at sunny corner. he wound up towing it out of the stream and taking it upto the bins in the main carpark area, unfortunately there are grubby people out there that are killing it for the genuine people that enjoy the bush

Jaros said:
I used to walk my GSP along Mullum mullum creek in Ringwood and he'd run free as a bird - a thing of beauty it was-don't know what happened after we got divorced in 2004. I'd talk and call him and it was a beautiful time in my life.

Far out Jaros!
My GSP was Angel.. awesome dog.... would bring a kill back without a tooth mark!!
Would sit silent for ages until she knew what to indicate....

And, yup, I lived in Wantirna rd for a while, had my shop on Mt Dandenong rd Nth Ringwood!!

Small world!!