Gidday from Damo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gidday All
I am Jed's prospecting mate in Alice & I am a newbie to gold detecting.
Cheers
Damo

Welcome aboard mate, Yeaaah us Territory mob are growing on here, give us a shout if you coming up Tennant way
Regards Bill :cool:

Welcome to the forum Damo, great neck of the woods for the prospecting game is Alice, especially for the gemstone side of things. Hope the forum steers you in the right direction with the new metal detector.

Cheers Wal,

Hi Duck - I do live close to the local "beach" aka The Todd :lol: When I get to 10+ posts I will post some local "beach" pics!

Hi C&L and Wal - yes Jed tells me that SapphireGirl/Di is slowly turning him to the "dark side" of chasing sapphires instead of the gold stuff :lol:
Mind you I have also been tempted by the the call of the Harts Ranges & its gemstones.

Hey Jed - when are we going to test your wild idea about hot air ballooning & metal detecting? I reckon it will be a world first mate :)

cheers Damo

Hey Damo,.... that's one thing i'd really like to see, :eek: you and Jed hanging out of a hot air balloon with supper extended shafts on the 5000's and a shovel with a 30 foot handle, :D

Thanks Damo! You have now let the world know about our secret (not to mention cunning) plan to detect where no one has every detected before :lol:

Hey Wal - you would not be suprised by what seems like a good idea/is possible once you have brain stormed under the influence of 3/4 (preferably) good bottles of red wine! - I was inspired by these experimental 1 man cloudhopper balloons & these monster carbon coils. See http://cloudhopper.org/ & http://www.carboncoils.com/
All Damo & I have to crack is the small problem of how to autopilot a balloon - not a trivial problem as a balloon goes in which ever direction the wind blows!! Alternatively we could stop drinking/brainstorming and stick to land based detecting but its nice to dream 8)
cheers
Jed
1370265183_1.2-m-coil-on-minelab-detector.jpg

1370265278_cloud_hopper_balloons.jpg

They say a "Westerly" usually only blows for a few days before changing back to an "Easterly". On that theory if you end up traveling 100km west and the wind changes favorably to the East, you'll get back to your camp a week later. :eek: But if on the "Odd" chance you get a southerly somewhere amongst that, I'd pack a few spare rolls of toilet paper.. :D :D

cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts