GEOVIEW vs MINDAT Geology Views

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hiyas,

I am reviewing some locations in WA for my next EPIC Prospecting Trip, and can't seem to make GEOVIEW/TENGRAPH WEB show me the same GEOLOGY as MINDAT.

BTW, I am loving MINDAT, especially reading about the ground around a particular mine, for example, but when i review GEO/Tengraph the Geology of that area seems different.
Can anyone give me some clues on what are best settings to get GEO/Tengraph to give me the same Geological view data as MINDAT?

I would love to just walk the whole area, but unhappily I won't be in WA for a few months yet.

(PS. I'd love to put some pics up, but...then you'd know where I want to go.......) :argh: :goldnugget: :pickshovel: :bomb:

It appears that Mindat show simple WA geology where as Tengraph shows the more detailed geology .

The Australian Geology Travel map app allows you to see the same map as Mindat uses

I really like the MINDAT one because it seems realistic, like what you can see at the site, while the TENGRAPH stuff is harder to interpret.
Oh well, I guess i just review TEN for a likely, check it on MINDAT, and plan between the two.

Latest posts