General National Weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been wearing my " Chullo", which i have had for years but hadn't worn it . However, for that last couple of mornings I have on my walks due to the chill. Alpaca wool, you can't beat it for warmth. Cheers Mackka

I have been wearing my " Chullo", which i have had for years but hadn't worn it . However, for that last couple of mornings I have on my walks due to the chill. Alpaca wool, you can't beat it for warmth. Cheers Mackka
My Bear Paw Mitts have a thick layer of Alpaca on the backs of them to stop windchill, they are good for -60* and below.

Our chilly wind dropped off during the night so I was out at 6:30am spraying the couch grass as pulling tumbleweeds. I don't know what the temperature was but I had my jumper off before 7:30.

Lovely morning in Maryborough waking up to 7C. Looks like a nice day to go pick up the near new GPX4500 & get out amongst it & see what we can find
Nice area around there and have found a bitta gold there and daisy hill plan on going down soon to plunder more of Victoriaā€™s gold hopefully the weather up in nsw is terrible at the moment. And youā€™ve got a good detector in a 45 I send mine to mine lab at least every 12 months for a check up , good luck with your detecting šŸ‘šŸ‘€

Beaut sunny morning in Dunolly.
Caravan park looks full. Local traders all have a smile on the dial.

I'm pretty sure somewhere in Victoria a river or creek will be flooding in the next 24hrs. We've been very fortunate in Victoria unlike everyone in NSW and QLD.

Doubt the birds šŸ¦ will be thirsty today
IMG_20221012_124655.jpg

Someone at the BOM is amusing themselves with the wet day timetable šŸ˜… definitely a Joker.

IMG_20221012_124513.jpg
IMG_20221012_124532.jpg

Seymour is well and truly cut off with households and businesses inundated. The amount of water is incredible with plenty more to flow down the Goulburn River between now and Saturday when river heights are expected to peak. It's pretty ordinary seeing livestock deceased and others swimming for their life with bugger all chance.

As for the road network well let's be honest it's been neglected for the last 4 years. With the last 3 years of La Nina and the lack of maintenance this weather system is the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. The Pot holes (I call them Snot holes, explanation to follow) both north and south bound on the Hume Hwy today between Broadford and Seymour saw at least 40 to 50 vehicles rendered crippled with flat tyres šŸ˜” Fortunately no serious accidents have occurred that I'm aware of. It's not just this stretch of road it's a serious issue with respect to all regional roads beit major or minor roads statewide unfortunately unless within the metropolitan road network.

As for Pot holes I've coined them Snot holes. When they start to form the maintenance crew places an order with the Emulation supplier for a truckload of black snot. Once received they despatch the repair crew to place the truckload of fresh snot into the snot holes. This results in the Snot holes being Snot fixed, it's true trust me šŸ˜… Put it this way it's closer to the truth than any explanation you'll get from anyone on the payroll šŸ„“šŸ˜¬

Stay safe šŸ»

Everyone get out early because today or tomorrow are going to be the shortest days of the year (winter solstice)
Not me I just looked at our weather station. First minus of the year in Geelong (-0.6) this morning. No wonder we stayed in bed longer than usual.IMG_1771.jpeg