Geelong Region Prospecting clubs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does anyone have contact details for an active prospecting club in the Geelong region?

I've tried a couple of numbers and emails I have found online over the last couple of weeks and haven't had any responses unfortunately. I don't know if the details are not current/updated or if the clubs may no longer exist?
Best Regards, Goldface

Contact the PMAV (Prospectors and Miner's Association of Victoria) pretty sure they've got a Geelong based group. They'll welcome you and you can tag along on their outings. The PMAV is our state lobby group who work really hard as a 100% volunteer group to fight for our rights. Either way their your best value for money when it comes to maintaining access to prospect so join up :Y:.

RM Outback said:
Contact the PMAV (Prospectors and Miner's Association of Victoria) pretty sure they've got a Geelong based group. They'll welcome you and you can tag along on their outings. The PMAV is our state lobby group who work really hard as a 100% volunteer group to fight for our rights. Either way their your best value for money when it comes to maintaining access to prospect so join up :Y:.

Thanks mate. Pretty sure that's who I got the details through. On their website. I'll try again tomorrow and also look to join up. I wasn't quite sure who they were.
Thanks for the info. Cheers

I'm in colac there are a few prospectors around here with no club I think Ballarat is the nearest would be good to have one in the area.

I think the metal detector shop in geelong has a meeting every month, try enquiring there.

jakal said:
I think the metal detector shop in geelong has a meeting every month, try enquiring there.

Yes thats the PMAV Geelong

There was a Geelong Prospecting Club for many years I believe it ceased to exist , as a club , in about 2012

PMAV Geelong Branch

Meet at Lucky Strike Prospecting the first Monday of every month @ 7pm. Next meeting should be this Monday (1/4/19) but I'll double check to make sure.

regards Pat

Latest posts