Gday from the County Cork

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

As an old man dusting off his 1980s Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver, I am delighted to find so much interest in MD, worldwide.

Conditions here in Ireland are, probably, as different as they could be from yours but I am considering a Minelab upgrade so thought this would be an informed site to join.

Looking forward to participating.

Cheers,

Steve.

Top O The Mornin To Ya Steve, if it's advice and info your looking for you'll certainly find it in the PA forums. Cheers mate and good luck from Dave :beer:

Welcome Steve,
Considering your home has many metal detectable artifacts dating back many thousands of years you should have a great time with modern day technology.
You may not have gold as we know it in Australia but we read from time to time about coins etc being dug worth 1000's.
Good luck with which ever new machine you purchase. (Don't forget we want to see the pictures.) :p

Thanks for the welcome, lads.

We have had gold mining here, even in recent years, and you can find colour in some areas if you like to pan for it.

Unlike the UK, some fool civil servant introduced heavy restrictions on searching for any artefacts (which apparently includes modern coinage) so the chances of finding the motherload is not great.

Beaches are likely to be my main target area and any permissions I can get which are away from historic and archaeologically important sites, too.

The scenery and the small possibility will compensate for now.

Im down with the Blarney and try to kiss all the girls but some of them are stone...

Steve

keep kissin them Steve.. the Irish Luck will win you over one way or another :Y:

Good luck mate!

Latest posts