Gday everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all.
Been lurking for a while and finally got the system to allow me to join - itd been telling me I was a spam robot, and kept blocking me . Anyway, all sorted now.

I lived up in Karratha (northwest WA) for many many years and have bush walked through much of the surrounding country. Ive been in Perth for the last few years, but now Im getting to the stage where Im looking to reduce my working time significantly and to start getting back out into the bush again.

The more Ive looked into it, the more the idea of prospecting appeals to me. Whilst Im pretty keen on bushwalking and photography, I could see me happily spending many hours wandering around a campsite with a metal detector.

Ive been in the iron ore mining game for half a lifetime (actually Im in the Railway part of the industry), and in a past life (back when I worked for a living) I worked on locomotives for a living.

Ill try to not ask too many dumb questions, but feel free to send advice my way anytime youre free. Ill never be too old to learn.

David.

so you would probably know of two brothers that are great family friends of ours.. Ian and Murray.

Murrays still up Karratha, he works in train workshops and Ian drove the trains but he's semi retired now down in Perth

Some good gold up that way... good luck!

@BigL I quite possibly would know them.
A few years ago, I jumped ship and now work with another big-assed mining company up in the Hedland area, so dont get back to K-town much these days. Hopefully thatll change soon.

Latest posts