G'Day All, Joe here

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, for those who know me (from all the way over here in the US) Hello and G'Day again!

After sporadically visiting this site for quite a while now I felt it a long overdue thing to register - and so I have now done that.

A bit of history to give everyone a chance to glimpse at yet another wasted youth: :(

Almost 75 years old now, having started panning in Alaska in the summer of '66 (at the tender age of 19). I pretty much kept in the game over the years with occasional lapses due to a variety of reasons. I currently have a mining claim in Alaska and enjoy open invitations onto many other claims in the region.

40 years associated with the US Air Force and now retired as a Technical Sergeant.

Usually live 6 - 8 months in Alaska while "Snow-Birding" in Northern Idaho for the winters (unless the Canadian border is closed due to the Wu-Flu, of course.)

Usually work high mountain areas with a highbanker or, sometimes, a small sluice box or very small dredge.

Finally had a chance to visit Oz last year and was honored to meet some grand mining folks (including some on here, as well).

All the very best to everyone. :pickshovel:

- Joe -

AHHhhh! You're embarrassing me with all those kind words. Just stretching my wings a bit and this was a pre-decided spot to fly to.

We're both doing well - a few 'normal' problems with health and such - but doing well.

We're in mid-summer here - and the ground is mighty dry with the temperatures in the mid 30s to the low 40s. (C.). That sure does stop the mosquitoes dead in their tracks. :sunny:

For those who know a little bit about the US - we spend out winters (usually that is, without the WuFlu) in Northern Idaho - a little less than 110 Km South of the Canadian border. Look-up Coeur d'Alene, Idaho if interested. Lots of evergreen trees, mountains and usually lots of snow in (our) winters.

So, enough on me - back to Gold in all it's finest aspects. :goldpan:

- Joe -

Latest posts