Garrett Extreme

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have got one at the US price of $2500 but there is no hope in hell of me paying $4000 for one! I doubt whether this rebranded recon will be on par with the gpx4000 which it is in the same price range as.
I would still like to try one out but don't reckon many people will be buying them at that price.

DD

Arwon said:
AussieTreasureDigger said:
I just had a quote to bring one into Aussie, shipping is $70 so including import tax and adding the 10% loss for the kanga for the top of the range pack it will cost me approx $3095, as opposed to $3999.

If i was buying i know which route i would go..

You would also need to add a import duty and in defense of the Aussie resellers they need to comply with our GST laws.

And on top of that, what would you do if you needed warranty work done on the machine, remember it is a new machine and no doubt there may be some minor bugs that Garrett haven't come across as yet.

I'm as penny poor as the next bloke, but I would be buying via our Aussie resellers.

I have added the import duty and i have imported machines before. Last time i had a warranty issue with garrett the turn around was 10 days and i paid the postage $45 AU one way, garrett paid the return. Minelab get alot of my AU $$ Coiltek get alot of my $$$ Bendigo Gold get my $$$ MIners Den Get my $$$ so please dont give me the dealer loyalty push.

Not defending or criticising AU sellers i am saying thats what i can get a machine for and thats the way i would go, saving $900 is alot of money to me. This is also not taking into account discounts on the machines that will pop up in the future.

You spend your hard earned how ever you like and i will do likewise :cool:

I don't reckon its the "breakthrough" machine that most people were waiting for somehow. Yeah it picks up small gold in a video air test but what about in situ? Has some interesting features & the portability would be handy but at $3000-4000 & unproven here yet I will battle on with what I've got.
Certainly don't think Minelab would be shaking in their boots because of what seems like a suped up mine detector - maybe Minelab will counter with a reinvented release of an UXO? :lol:

Arwon said:
I just had a quote to bring one into Aussie, shipping is $70 so including import tax and adding the 10% loss for the kanga for the top of the range pack it will cost me approx $3095, as opposed to $3999.

You would also need to add a import duty and in defense of the Aussie resellers they need to comply with our GST laws.

And on top of that, what would you do if you needed warranty work done on the machine, remember it is a new machine and no doubt there may be some minor bugs that Garrett haven't come across as yet.

I'm as penny poor as the next bloke, but I would be buying via our Aussie resellers.

I have added the import duty and i have imported machines before. Last time i had a warranty issue with garrett the turn around was 10 days and i paid the postage $45 AU one way, garrett paid the return. Minelab get alot of my AU $$ Coiltek get alot of my $$$ Bendigo Gold get my $$$ MIners Den Get my $$$ so please dont give me the dealer loyalty push.

Not defending or criticising AU sellers i am saying thats what i can get a machine for and thats the way i would go, saving $900 is alot of money to me. This is also not taking into account discounts on the machines that will pop up in the future.

Not taking a shot at you here but the price is what it is and unfortunately Aussie dealers can't change that. The difference between the US and AU pricing is ridiculous but lets be respectful of Australian business and local sales, without it this country would be screwed. Some will choose to spend their money locally while others import, there's no right or wrong.

So has anyone heard anything regarding battery life?

Nugget said:

Not yet? As a comparison the GMT is supposed to get about 40hrs out of 8 x AA batteries but I think I get a bit less than that - maybe 30-35hrs - never really timed it exactly.
So it should be safe to assume that a higher powered, deeper seeking machine with 8 x AA batteries would get a fair bit less time, especially if using a 20" mono coil?

Nugget said:
Arwon said:

Not taking a shot at you here but the price is what it is and unfortunately Aussie dealers can't change that. The difference between the US and AU pricing is ridiculous but lets be respectful of Australian business and local sales, without it this country would be screwed. Some will choose to spend their money locally while others import, there's no right or wrong.

Its only talk/discussion so no offence is ever taken, everyone has a right to their own opinions.

As you say there is no right and no wrong, i am 300% aware what the Aussie Garrett sellers have to put up with, they choose to sell Garrett and the prices are set. I support Aussie industry, i am about to lob $320 on one coil and $440 on another coil all bought in AU, but i aint going to be squeezed for $900 unnecessary $$ when all it takes is an email and a paypal payment and wait 7-10days.

I am not interested in the machine anyway, but i am just saying what i would do if i was looking and the prices available to those who want to look overseas for their machine. Buy in Aussie by all means, its no skin off my teeth at all where you get it or who you get it off.

The $5000+ $$ i have spent in Aussie on detectors and supplies since December speaks for itself, and i continue to spend almost daily.

As for battery life? i would be guessing? but a minimum of 12hours on the rechargeables would be good

I for one i am going to be doing better pricing on this unit, well as good as i can anyway,
I have been told that after the conference next month, american companies importing Garrett into Australia will be penalized,
i for one hope that goes though as fisher have done recently.

regards

jason

jason78 said:
I for one i am going to be doing better pricing on this unit, well as good as i can anyway,
I have been told that after the conference next month, american companies importing Garrett into Australia will be penalized,
i for one hope that goes though as fisher have done recently.

regards

jason

This will have no effect on people getting machines from the U.S.A is they so desire, it hasnt worked with Fisher.

Now taking.bets as to how long.before we see Chinese versions of tthese hit the market.

Does Garrett have a serial number system like ML?

HeadsUp said:
pity i didnt wait 3 months before i bought a new GPX5000

The GPX's second hand resale prices will probably fall if the Garrett turns out to be that good

I reckon your safe there mate, Minelabs have always had great resale value. You can still get $2000 for a 20 year old one.

DD

Diggerdude said:
HeadsUp said:

The GPX's second hand resale prices will probably fall if the Garrett turns out to be that good

I reckon your safe there mate, Minelabs have always had great resale value. You can still get $2000 for a 20 year old one.

DD

No other PI released (Infinium, TDI) has reduced the resale on Minelab's yet & can't see that changing with the ATX. They will sell but dedicated gold searchers will still go for the GPX IMO. Unless the ATX gets into the field with some mind blowing result's I will still be aiming at an upgrade to a GPX4500 or 5000 in 9-12 months time.

If your gonna lower the resale on yours let me know then :lol:

p.s. Definitely hasn't happened yet - a nice used GPX5000 went for $6200 on eBay last night!

mbasko said:
Diggerdude said:
HeadsUp said:

DD

No other PI released (Infinium, TDI) has reduced the resale on Minelab's yet & can't see that changing with the ATX. They will sell but dedicated gold searchers will still go for the GPX IMO. Unless the ATX gets into the field with some mind blowing result's I will still be aiming at an upgrade to a GPX4500 or 5000 in 9-12 months time.

If your gonna lower the resale on yours let me know then :lol:

p.s. Definitely hasn't happened yet - a nice used GPX5000 went for $6200 on eBay last night!

I hear china can sell them nice and cheap ;)

Hi DD I stumbled across this today and thought that I would post it for people to see the price. I know nothing about the detector but am looking forward to reading peoples reviews about this detector.
cheers Rob

Diggerdude said:
beach detecting addict said:
Hi guys and girls just found this when I was looking for the garrett extreme.
cheers Rob

http://www.gregsusedmetaldetectors.com/garrett-atx-extreme-pulse-induction/

This blog doesn't seem accurate, the prices are wrong and there is no 15" mono that I know of.

DD

Latest posts