Garrett Extreme

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks interesting, if it can be done at a good price here in Aus I may even buy one as a 2nd detector. Would be great for streams.

PDF states 2500 Dollars, so probably here in Australia somewhere between 3200-3800

So are they in the shops? Who's got one? How much are they in Aust? Come on fellas.....those of you who are the agents/dealers...lets know what these are all about.

Don't know when they will be avail in Aust as the official details have only just been released for them over the last few days. Hopefully they will be avail before summer.

Due for release in Aussie in October i have been told.
Dont think i have the nearly 3k required to even look at one.

I can cover all the bases with what i have got...

I've seen the video, read the speel and it looks great, something that the military would carry around in their kits, BUT HEY, if you cant change coils, if you cant sweep new ground with a searcher coil, then it hardly outdoes (outperforms) the ML. I mean if you cant do what the ML does AND SOME, then Garrett can hardly suggest its better than ALL the competition. And please don't suggest that if its cheaper, it doesn't have to measure up to the expectations of the end user. It'll be good to get it put thru its paces and reported on so we can all make an informed decision based on its capabilities. (I was hoping for a detector that was cheaper than the ML, could interchange coils so I could perhaps search for new ground and have a range of coils that compared to ML/Coiltek. ) Was I hoping for too much?

What do mean by "if you cant change coils", there's currently 3 to choose from and I'm guessing this could be expanded in the future. They look to ship with the lower shaft permanently affixed to the coil which could be why the confusion.

1378632706_atx_coils.jpg

Lets just wait and see how it performs before writing it off ;)

Lots of positives about the machine, as above i reserve my critique on the machine until i have actually used one for a period of time.

Maybe i sell the CTX3030 and or the AT Pro and the SD2200V2, but i doubt it.

Hey Aussie, when you get them in your hands, would you mind doing a review of them?
Like field testing and such so we can all have an informed view of them? As it's a new product not yet on the market, there are lots of opinions going around the web of them, so I'll wait for someone to do a review of them in Aus conditions.

but still very keen on them

Fair enough, I understand, but will be interesting to see how much shipping & import tax is though.

Salla said:
PDF states 2500 Dollars, so probably here in Australia somewhere between 3200-3800

@gadget

-Freight
-Less demand due to only 23 mil people over a huge area, so less customers
-higher salaries
-most important: The aussies can afford to pay higher prices attitude.

and so on. But I agree, it is ridiculous that we need to pay such a higher percentage.

Aussie Detecting was quicker. Bottom line, do not blame the dealers. I am pretty sure that they would love to offer us a better price but they just cannot due to "Garrett" (or insert any other brand).

The way Aussies always get the raw end of the deal annoys the hell out of me, what did we ever do to the Americans??

Available for order delivery next month.
Details in the sponsor/dealer section.
We are taking orders now.

Hi all,

Its a pity we dont have any Garrett dealers in Cental Australia, it would be great to be able to test one out in our local goldfields amongst the hottest hot rocks on the planet, if the ATX was able to handle that country and find gold without driving the operator mad I would buy one.

I love the concept, design, and specs on this metal detector and without trying to sound like a ML nutter it would want to be more than a backup gold machine thats great on the beach. $4k is a lot of money to spend on a MD that may or may not work in the goldfields I work in.............

My two bobs worth :)

Jim & Kerrie

I just had a quote to bring one into Aussie, shipping is $70 so including import tax and adding the 10% loss for the kanga for the top of the range pack it will cost me approx $3095, as opposed to $3999.

If i was buying i know which route i would go..

AussieTreasureDigger said:
I just had a quote to bring one into Aussie, shipping is $70 so including import tax and adding the 10% loss for the kanga for the top of the range pack it will cost me approx $3095, as opposed to $3999.

If i was buying i know which route i would go..

You would also need to add a import duty and in defense of the Aussie resellers they need to comply with our GST laws.

And on top of that, what would you do if you needed warranty work done on the machine, remember it is a new machine and no doubt there may be some minor bugs that Garrett haven't come across as yet.

I'm as penny poor as the next bloke, but I would be buying via our Aussie resellers.