Garrett Ace 400i Information and Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you phil,

Have a think about 'volume control' upgrade if it works for my ACE, and maybe a night lighted screen, I had been going to do that to mine for years.
Sound will not be controlled on the earphones, just the internal speaker.
I feel more motivated now, LOL.

If it works I will show you mine first, and let you know the cost of my parts, if you want it done to your 400 its still no charge for the work.
Mail the next 3 gold coins you find in the dirt, to my 6 year old for the parts (hopefully a gold sovereign will be in there - 🤣)

thats not a problem ron ill send her a few more than that mate dont worry about the volume and that im all good with how it is but thankyou for the thought and again thanks

So folks, Phil is a bit of a slave driver, he was on the phone pushing me to get it finished tonight.
🤣 😂

Just joking, he is most appreciative of my assistance.

So to the progress.....

Both sides of the 'display' pins are re-soldered - there were some obvious cold joints
IMG_20220630_181756.jpg

Soldered the two contact pads for the battery connections, I have had poor connections in my ACE250's.
These two circular pads are 'hard' and sometimes covered with clear board lacquer, considering that a small bit of stiff bent wire is the only way the batteries connect to the pads, some soft silver solder will always help that connection.
IMG_20220630_181659.jpg

Re-assembly starts, board into face panel, speaker into case and speaker retainer with terminal springs screwed back in,
rear case screwed to front panel, connect coil, insert batteries, turn it on by rubbing it firmly... 😆
IMG_20220630_182133.jpg

IMG_20220630_182435.jpg

IMG_20220630_183049.jpg

Looking good, full display showing and 'air' coin test, all controls working
IMG_20220630_183942.jpg

So all that being done now, I will give it a 6 month field test tomorrow, and make sure it doesn't hide any issues while it is here,
before it goes back after Christmas. 😂 🤣

I will post the field test results tomorrow night. GH

You must "tin" the solder bit by making it on from a minute or clean the tip of the soldering iron wit a steel brush or steel wool .
It must contain clean visibly clear copper. Don't use the crap they sell on Ebay -it's garbage
I'm all good here Jaro's, my equipment was previously used for laptop board repairs, I'm confident with it. But what you say is true.

Been down to the park today and tested the repaired machine.

First I located some targets with a Nox so that I knew there were targets and then went over them with the "HOOVER 400i" to check that all was working as it should.

The "HOOVER 400i" seems very sensitive and I had to knock the sensitivity back a lot in the wet noisy ground. It picked up every target and I filmed some footage but I am rubbish at this so I will show still pics.
Used my deteknix digger, detecknix pointer, and the 'plug digger' but the soil was very sticky so ended up in the playground softfall, where I did pretty well with the "HOOVER 400i" :cool:

So as you read this, the "HOOVER 400i" is on it's way back to home.

Nox.png Plug digger.png Xpointer.png

Introducing the NEW "HOOVER 400i" from Garrett. When you want a detector to just suck up all those targets.
Hoover 400i.png

Sucks1.png

Can you see what I see ?
1c.png

Pinpointing works - I did not have any other stick thing to strap the box and coil to, so....
Hoover pp.png

Finds with the "HOOVER 400i"

Park finds.png

Of course, what hunt in a park is complete without finding at least 1 of these things. 🤣

Pull tab.png

Shucks mate, you are making me blush... 🥳

That's ok Phil, now when it arrives, go out and find something great, then post the pics for us all to see.

Last I checked it should be there in the next day or so.

The package has been waiting for pickup since Tuesday, I assume that you have been busy with work or the Post Office has not notified you
or delivered it to your home.
Hope you have the chance to collect it soon. 👍

hi mate both been busy and no contact at all but i did pick it up this arvo thankyou very much you should have kept your trophies but i will sort something out again thanks

Latest posts