Flexicone centrifugal concentrator

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike678 said:
Warman used to make them under license from Carpco ? USA. They were mainly lab sized units . There is a lab in Gosford NSW that might have one for test purposes . I can find more details if you want .

I am still in contact with my old boss , he knows all about those machines .

That would be very interesting.....only heard of electrostatic be used in a dry plant.....material was run over a 'charged' belt that grabbed a hold of the gold....interesting concept....dont know if it worked?

Goldtalk Leonora said:
Mike678 said:
Warman used to make them under license from Carpco ? USA. They were mainly lab sized units . There is a lab in Gosford NSW that might have one for test purposes . I can find more details if you want .

I am still in contact with my old boss , he knows all about those machines .

That would be very interesting.....only heard of electrostatic be used in a dry plant.....material was run over a 'charged' belt that grabbed a hold of the gold....interesting concept....dont know if it worked?

I worked on the first pilot plant which used 4 mature women wearing fishnet stockings who sat on nylon upholstered bondage chairs we rented from an S & M club up the cross.

They had to rub their asss back and forth on the chair while keeping one finger touched lightly on the particulate collection belt.

It worked okay except when the sparks from the belt set fire to Ambers nail polish one day during testing and we could never get rid of the smell of burnt fingernails afterwards.

In hindsight I know where we went wrong , we should have used an odd number of women because the even number probably caused harmonic resonance to increase beyond the ability of the moisture in the air to dissipate the electrostatic charge.

Simple really

O:)

Hi Greg up north,
I have owned and used a cvd100 Flexicone for several years and think very highly of the products albeit a bit roughly made in parts.
I process spent alluvial gold concentrates and get gold so fine that my Gemini table wont even concentrate it. My guess on size -74 micron. Ive also used it on our beach black sands with some success and in fact own the next model up cvd 170 which Ive used for a comparison study vs traditional black sand tables and increased recovery by approx 40%I use the cvd models as playing with other valuable heavy mineral recovery.
One should not see them as a panacea for all recovery or one size fits all but part of your gold recovery Arsenal.
Hope this helps.
Ps. I screen to 1.5mm for these machines and use a simple sluice for the larger fraction.

mrjunkalot said:
Hi Greg up north,
I have owned and used a cvd100 Flexicone for several years and think very highly of the products albeit a bit roughly made in parts.
I process spent alluvial gold concentrates and get gold so fine that my Gemini table wont even concentrate it. My guess on size -74 micron. Ive also used it on our beach black sands with some success and in fact own the next model up cvd 170 which Ive used for a comparison study vs traditional black sand tables and increased recovery by approx 40%I use the cvd models as playing with other valuable heavy mineral recovery.
One should not see them as a panacea for all recovery or one size fits all but part of your gold recovery Arsenal.
Hope this helps.
Ps. I screen to 1.5mm for these machines and use a simple sluice for the larger fraction.

Hi Mrjunkalot
What you have written is very interesting as your the first to say you are using one with good success.
When you stop and think about how they work to keep a fluid bed is quite a good idea and should work.
The idea of a spinning flexible cone with riffles with rollers would make a pulsating effect thus keeping the bottom of the riffle fluid and not pack up .
The knelson, falcon and icon Concentrators use a method by having a water jacket behind the cone and through small holes inject water to make a counter pressure against the g forces on the spinning cone creating a fluid bed and stopping the riffles packing up.
The Knelson ect new are more them five times the price of a flexicone and the flexicone claims to have a better finer gold recovery rate.
So thats why I asked if anyone has used one as I could not get much information from the dealer that sells them.
It would be good to see if anyone is using one on a commercial wash plant
Cheers Greg :cool:

Latest posts