Fishermen.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pogo said:
Eucumbene is going off.

Water on ground that hasnt been flooded for about three years.
Now thats a recipe for some good fishing mate. :Y:
Worms in the shallows.

Redfin said:
Heaps of Yellas being caught at Cairn Curran atm.
Another mare bagged out the other morning on the Loddon next to the bridge at Lanacoorie River reserve. [small yabbies]
Yeah am hearing that about Cairn Curran. Great fishing spot that one. Many of the Ballarat waters are fishing great too from the winter spring rains, good high water levels. Ballarat got an absolute drenching a few weeks ago and so the lakes from there to Clunes got a great inflow. Newlyn, Hepburn and others.
Unfortunately Tullaroop is still a Blue green algae alert. Has been for 12 months now. I wont go near a water with that in it. Once ate some reddies from a water way like that years ago and was sick the next day, misses too. Coincidence? Who knows but today they relate those consuming water contaminated with it with increased incidence of Motor Nuerone disease. I wont go near it these days.
But yeah the Cairn seems ok as well as Laanacoorie. Low levels but all clear water quality wise. :Y:
The central vic downpour a few weeks back had big impact on water levels south of Clunes and Ballarat. Lots of lakes and res's there at 100% or near that.
Sadly bananas for North of there. :/

Love fishing a stream, either with lure or fly, or both. Have not been able to get out since lockdown ended as work is flat chat & come the weekends I am knackered.

Especially love fishing the faster running water where the bigger trout stalk from their hiding spot. Release almost all I catch, keeping just the odd one.

Got the call 2 weekends ago to go out on the boat with a mate whos a butcher, lives a couple streets away. I was booked to work, but 3 of them went out came home with a tonne of Reddies 40 over 1/2 pound and a 50 litre esky 1/3 full with filletable size up to half pound.

Plastics, Bobbers and baits cleaned up for 6 hours. Missed out on a cracker day 8.(

Waranga basin toward middle of shallow end.

Put a couple lines in last night, only 2 cod undersize over 2 hours, would have been a better go this morning though, waiting on reports from mates but last month has been good to most.

Houseboat and fishing party near Echuca had the first 1m plus cod for a mates young bloke either Tues or Wednesday, release of course, cant wait to hear his tale next Sunday. Guided by his Dad, Uncle and Papa who have had their share of mega cod in days past, must be 20 years ago (give or take) I was in the Butchers Coolroom admiring a Monster landed by Papa, :trophy: a true once in a generation fish that now dominates his games room wall. Theres something romantic about the big cod chase being passed down through time.

Maybe the Covid made them forget we are the real apex predators, any how tight lines to you all. :Y:

Hi Jd.I love love love fishing and have done it for many years.Its like therapy for me sitting on a bank listening to the sounds of the birds waiting for that bit.Ive mainly done freshwater fishing and that's my passion.The last few years I bought a boat and started going out on the bay too.Id be happy to share some spots and maybe you could help me out with my prospecting as I'm fairly new to the game.

1634339248_245070431_555776978848336_1435853987923075897_n_1.jpg

Latest posts