Fisher Gold Bug 2 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Ben I bought it from a yanky crowd called prb products 2 weeks ago. I originally bought one from a QLD crowd, but after 10 days they still didn't have it in stock and agreed to cancel and give me a refund.

Ok, just be super careful and make sure it works. PRB aren't listed as an authorised fisher dealer and there is fakes out there. Hope you paid via paypal!

hi Young simo, I got a GBpro. it works well with an alkaline quite long maybe like 9 hrs detecting if I remember correctly.
They light weight so easy to maneuver. 2 type of settings, both have sounds, and I'm currently learning the pitch going with the ground phase in all metal mode; and the meter on top of screen help to recall an item type of metal which is very cool to dodge out a high mineral sound and just target on one thing which is the most precious one around is gold signal. well you learn as you go. it very easy. read the instruction booklet well carefully 3-5 times it took me to learn the differences of settings Ground balance.

so where you from anyway, Simo?

Hi sususydney, I am a born and bread West Aussie, done some growing up in Wyndham during the 1940s around age 6,7,8,9 and 10 but apart from a couple of trips around the block in our caravan really have never left WA. Spent the last 25 years of my working life in the Gold Mining industry, (Kalgoorlie, Cue, Leonora, and Riverina, Etc, Etc ) so have always been with in 5 minutes to 8 hrs of some good detecting country. Currently living in Carnarvon on the North west coast. We came here in Feb 1990, and seemed to have lost track of time. Wow I am getting carried away answering your last question.
Cheers.....Simmo.

Hi Ben78, I received my new detector today after 15 days, which is good from Utah USA when stuff from China takes around 30 days. Anyway I put it together and went out into the garden and dug up a couple of can pull tops in a couple of minutes. Just need to get out in the bush now and change the colour from silver to YELLOW.

Very good, just confirm that the ground balance works as it should. Chase the zip zip sounds and the boings are rocks

The gold bug pro is a great machine simmo easy to learn,all the best in your adventures mate.Ill see ya out on the goldfields and keep in touch.

dan24k said:
The gold bug pro is a great machine simmo easy to learn,all the best in your adventures mate.Ill see ya out on the goldfields and keep in touch.

Yeh Dan, if I can get some info on spots out the other side of Gascoyne Junction, we could spend a long day out there as the Junction is less than 2 hrs away. I will have to touch base with me old mate Pronto. He lives out there nowadays.

Young Simmo said:
dan24k said:

Yeh Dan, if I can get some info on spots out the other side of Gascoyne Junction, we could spend a long day out there as the Junction is less than 2 hrs away. I will have to touch base with me old mate Pronto. He lives out there nowadays.

Sounds great simmo send me a text when your ready.there's some good ground around junction for sure.

Yeh Dan, we are heading over to Cue next week for maybe a couple of weeks, so you keep that paint brush swing back and forth and we'll arrange a day out when we get back. If we get an early start and have a destination to go straight to, we should be able to get there, have 5 or 6 hrs and get back all in one day. I will be in touch.
Simmo.

Young Simmo said:
Yeh Dan, we are heading over to Cue next week for maybe a couple of weeks, so you keep that paint brush swing back and forth and we'll arrange a day out when we get back. If we get an early start and have a destination to go straight to, we should be able to get there, have 5 or 6 hrs and get back all in one day. I will be in touch.
Simmo.

Mate I live in Cue and have a GB2, how did you go? I mainly stick within 10km of town but a All I get is junk but it's a way to pass the time.

Young Simmo said:
Hi sususydney, I am a born and bread West Aussie, done some growing up in Wyndham during the 1940s around age 6,7,8,9 and 10 but apart from a couple of trips around the block in our caravan really have never left WA. Spent the last 25 years of my working life in the Gold Mining industry, (Kalgoorlie, Cue, Leonora, and Riverina, Etc, Etc ) so have always been with in 5 minutes to 8 hrs of some good detecting country. Currently living in Carnarvon on the North west coast. We came here in Feb 1990, and seemed to have lost track of time. Wow I am getting carried away answering your last question.
Cheers.....Simmo.

Hi Simmo, I forgot about this post.. How are you doing?? Is the gold bug doing its job?? Hehe its good to know your in an area of gold nugs.. You must be having a great time! Any nugget found by the gold bug yet? Its quite easy to learn isnt it?

the gold bug 2 is a great machine with 71 khz you will not lose any gold nugget.
Excellent machine !!
Congratulations on your purchase

im a gold bug pro user, this one has a screen with numbers on it where it is easy to tell what sort of target I will be digging and how deep it may be... for a beginner metal detector and also capable of finding gold its alright.. hence I have only this one well my purpose is to find enough coins and small jewelry to buy the big boy's one (the GPX5000) which costs some where 4.5-5k and its not worth getting if your just detecting parks and beach... as ring sizes sounds really good on the gold bug pro already, as I mention this is a good machine for beginner like my self with a budget.. ;)

The GB2, like the GMT, excels at finding small gold in:
trashy areas,
very mild to moderate ground,
shallow ground
mullock heaps

& more so In combinations of some or all of the above.

hi has any one used the gold bug2 around the ballarat beaufort area and how did it handle it im thinking of buying one .will be my first detector

Wish I could say yes..... I have one and use it in nsw, wasn't much chop in WA,
I do love the light weight, and the option to slide off and belt mount the unit is awsum. When you get a target, you can just drop the shaft on the ground without fear of damaging the unit.
And you can swing it all day.
The two switches audio boost and high iron im not that fussed on, and leave them off. Easy to balance etc.
There no minelab, but for what they can do for their price, the 6"coil will pic up a small staple pin.
Would I prefer a 4500, yeah...

Latest posts