Fisher F22, Loan machine review. B5MECH

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B5MECH

Laurence Male
Reaction score
My ATGold control box is away for warranty so am borrowing a F22, I will try and give a biased opinion
First run hit the beach, wanted to try it in the tide line that the ATGold can't do, Got half way down and wondered if it was working :lol: maybe the beach is still empty, switched to jewellery mode, in the tide line it diddn't like me scrubbing the coil so hovered, couldn't find a target in 30 minutes so wondered if it was working and went back to the car where I found a signal I thought was junk but $2 :eek: :eek: Hmmmmm packed up and took it to the park to try and find the 2&1c I've left there so I could hear what they sound like and found they were harder to locate, the ID numbers are not as solid as I'm used to and, the slower recovery rate is something that is hard to deal with along with the different sound.
1474946015_atgold_012.jpg

1 half squashed bottle cap missing from the beach, one is 5c
I only went for a quick test at both places
Sensitivity 06 in coin mode? for parks
No earphones :eek:
Will watch a video before trying again :rolleyes:

Still don't really trust it for goldies so have been playing with it in the already thrashed but left some BB's there park, sometimes a pre dec comes out with one but no.
1475030765_ddddddd_001.jpg

High tones are sweet to pick so don't think I'd miss a silver ring with it but not sure about goldies and less
I'm going to give it a chance tonight in a park with more than BB's, just hope I'm not digging bottle caps
Definitely don't like the triangle coil

For those that are not familiar with the Fisher F22, I've added a pic of the detector. For some reason the F22 nor the F44 have really taken off in Oz, will be interesting to see what you think after a week or so B5MECH.

It does mention in the instructions that this detector is not suitable for wet beach detecting, an admission that you rarely see from manufacturers.

1475041590_images.jpg

Thanks GP, I haven't read the instructions :8 I think I will before I run it again :lol: :lol: :lol:
MY mate told me it was sweet for tide work :rolleyes:

Wednesday night I spent more time rolling around the grass laughing than digging, It makes some pretty crazy noises, grunts, honks and farts :lol:
Junky park with emi interference
1475206887_oooooooooo_013.jpg

Took it back to an easy park to continue digging BB's out and low and behold I heard a grunt so I looked down to see a ring :|
1475207012_oooooooooo_014.jpg

And out pops a penny and a shilling :eek:
The tones and numbers were the same as a 1c piece, can't distinguish copper tone to silver tone
The pinpointer does not work correctly if at all, maybe because of a junky area?
I didn't think I was digging a dollar either
This detector feels like a cheap toy, It will not handle some of the places I go
This is definitely not a serious park hunting machine, feels like a cheap handheld video game
I will use it a couple of more times to investigate a new area, will be looking for copper silver only.

Yeah copper and silver can be very similar, specially if the silver is shallow. Nice digging. Using the item on bottom, right of the first pic wasn't the cause of the laughter and rolling on the grass was it? :D

The ring is a child's ring fake gold dimontie :mad: I thought I found my first gold ring :lol:
The rolling around on the grass was a junky area with power near, it started singing loony tunes songs then would grunt and fart at me, just couldn't keep it together :lol: :lol: :lol:
1475209226_llllllllllllllllllllllllllll_001.jpg

1475209226_llllllllllllllllllllllllllll_002.jpg

The penny will be toast but the shilling came up nice :)

1475552394_bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb_001.jpg

1475552394_bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb_002.jpg

This was a shallow honker :lol: :lol:
1475552394_bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb_003.jpg

1475552394_bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb_005.jpg

1475552394_bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb_006.jpg

4 hunts, I've found coins at 4 inches deep are at it's max on sensitivity 06, Two coins side by side sounds like junk and impossible to separate the targets or even hit one as a solid and a sunbaker or just buried coin is hard to pin point as it's to busy beeping and honking :lol:
All the target id's are wrong and inconsistent so I'm pretty much going on sound :rolleyes:

Might explain why it never took off here. A real pity as the concept of weatherproof starter to mid range detector looked very good on paper, the top end F44 is quite a feature packed unit.

Hit an area I know some pre dec's should be but haven't gridded with the ATGold and low and behold 8)
1475806851_aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_001.jpg

1475806851_aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_002.jpg

1475806851_aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_003.jpg

Running coin mode only, mainly 06 sensitivity when I start to crank it up I find tiny canslaw and bits of alloy sound solid
3 to 4 inches pennys and florins are solid targets, ID's are all over the place and unusable to identify the target
The 3p was lucky it came from the same hole the florin came from, I only found it after the hole was resealed, very hard to get a solid target on it at 2 to 3 inches, sounded like junk, the f22 doesn't like small coins
I know there is more signals there but sound like junk ATM so would think the coins are 3p's or deeper than it can hit
It is not a machine I trust to go and start digging whispers with, and if I grid the area of the park I know I'll have to do it again with my ATGold 8.( 8.( when he comes back
So I'm happy with it now, as it has pulled the only florin from that park :lol:

I haven't gridded it yet just a test to see, the fisher won't punch deep enough to 2inch deep 3p's so will wait for the ATG to come back, don't want to miss any :)
I will go for a random look in another section now so I can see how far they may go