fish show n tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is Mrs Doc with her catch :lol:

P1090311.JPG

That's a classic Doc, I think my mate Phil caught the same one in Eildon a few years back and we still give him heaps about it. :lol:
1422054517_ar000602.jpg

Ah Lake Eildon, went there with the first dinghy I had built, out of a single sheet of marine ply. I think i got the plans out of the magazine Popular Mechanics-took me 3 weeks to build with all the copper nails , brass screws and paint-i used PMG telephone box paint and it worked a treat as well as standing out from the crowd-:glare". Caught trout redfin etc -had it for years.
Memories. Jaros :p

Jaros said:
Ah Lake Eildon, went there with the first dinghy I had built, out of a single sheet of marine ply. I think i got the plans out of the magazine Popular Mechanics-took me 3 weeks to build with all the copper nails , brass screws and paint-i used PMG telephone box paint and it worked a treat as well as standing out from the crowd-:glare". Caught trout redfin etc -had it for years.
Memories. Jaros :p
Geez Jaros, Eildon would be a scary place in a home made ply dingy, great project though and even better that it worked and lasted for years, well done.

1422174312_www.jpg

1422174335_tuna_out_at_sea.jpg

I fish the ezy way.
LoL, I have caught thousands of them for harvest years ago in lincoln.
It was a Job, 40kg, there great for an outboard motor
to get from 1 side of the pen to the other
trouble is they keep a going.

1422180983_n.jpg

Hes at 30ft depth heading to 70ft,
it is a whirl pool out at sea as we just netted 80ton
180 tone all up in the net, caused this whirl pool
I took the picture and I ended up at 30ft, it was pullen me down as well.
silly me lol.
when ben surfaced, he said he was taken to the bottom of the net
and nearly dropped his weight belt when he was heading for the surface.
they were frisky fish.

ProspectorPete said:
golddiggerart said:
That's a nice Mulloway/Jewie from the Patto golddidderart, top effort. How many nights did he have to put in for the result?

This was his fourth trip down there....he usually sets off at Midnight for the lake -river part of Patto. He had another screamer the other night but it spat out the hook. Will be joining him next week to catch some more, apparently there are bigger ones there.
We are only 15 minutes away in Frankston - Peninsula Link end of Karingal
Cheers Arthur

ProspectorPete said:
That's one horse of a Bream Billy, great fighters at that size.

Yep he put up a good fight in the breakers that's for sure Pete!
I have had a few people tell me that it was wrong to keep him for a feed and that maybe he should have been released as he would have been an old fish.
As I only get to the coast once or twice a year and release 99.9% of any fish caught I did feel justified in keeping him. He was killed humanely and eaten and enjoyed by myself and a mate and he just made a mistake on that day! :lol:
Ganged pilchard was his downfall! :D
Cheers,
Billy.

All good mate, shouldn't feel bad for keeping a fish to eat.
I'm the same, I release 99% of them but will keep a few flatties and snapper every now n then for a feed.

Cheers mate and yeah I not feel bad about it and he was appreciated both in life and death.
Can't beat a feed of flattie either and I usually keep at least one if I'm lucky enough to get one!
Them with blue swimmers make a great feast with a few mates! :p

1422251523_snap717.jpg

Cheers,
Billy.

Latest posts