First steps..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, decided to make a thread of my finds even though I haven't really found anything yet haha. Still in my first week or so of detecting and just learning with a Garrett Ace 400i getting practice coin and relic hunting before I invest in a nice machine and go on a gold hunting hunting adventure.

Spent my first few days just combing a few beaches and only found spendable but enough to be worthwhile. Did my first area away from the beach with a bit of history and found a fair bit of trash, some old tram ironwork, bullets and a couple 60's 20c peices, also found a headache canister with a paper scroll inside (mould damaged) quick search shows me it's an international GPS game but something different. Not sure if that areas searching more but I have a few spots picked out for the near future I'll keep updating.
1523344482_img_20180410_162022.jpg

Jay

Gday J

Looks similar to my early hunts .

Check if the 20c are 1966 , there is rare fault in the number 2

The decimal coins will add up in no time .!

Sounds like you are pretty positive , the good stuff will come .

Haven't posted for a few days due to some pretty poor hunts. Spendables is now over 100 dollars which is not too bad for still being in my first 2 weeks of detecting.

Hit a local park this morning for an hour's or so and found a few more dollars and my first pre Dec which looks in pretty good condition after a clean up. 1914 penny which is a rarer year to find I believe, so pretty cool for my first one. Also my first 100+ year old old item so pretty happy.

Might even do another hunt this arvo haha.
1524015011_img_20180418_111731.jpg

1524015043_img_20180418_111753.jpg

1524015074_img_20180418_111813.jpg

Just ease in slowly to build your muscles up to it..... it's like an elite sport activity, n if you overstrain any muscles at the start it'll stay with you later on when your well trained and lookin to dig all day long (That's when you feel it) :Y:

silver said:
Just ease in slowly to build your muscles up to it..... it's like an elite sport activity, n if you overstrain any muscles at the start it'll stay with you later on when your well trained and lookin to dig all day long (That's when you feel it) :Y:
Good advice. Have increased water intake also, been much more inclined to eat healthily too. Slow and steady ;)

Yeah, more silver there :Y:
Found a 1921 thrippy in really nice condition shallow in almost a natural cave type overhang. Wasn't much else and I think I've covered most of the area so yeah pretty few and far between, but still, a bit of silver for the treasure chest haha. Might go back when the area burns at some stage, really tricky area to detect.
1524965896_img_20180429_113714.jpg

Nice finds mate. Keep up the great work . You might find a rare one . 1923 Halfpennie,1925 penny ,1933 shilling etc.

Latest posts