First Half penny! (Rare)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
SoI Went out on the weekend with the Nox 800 down a local beach, where I have been cleaning up with plenty of Modern coins with a peppering of pre decimals.
Now, most coins I pull are always super crusty, So I chuck them in my pocket to soak in vinegar when I get home. (they're usually green or black cemented with sand and unreadable.)

So I get home from work today and decided I better go through these coins I have had soaking to see what I have. (I've been pretty busy so didn't get a chance to sooner.)
And just my luck, The one coin I don't think I should not have really soaked... Is a 1923 Half penny!

1598961901_118473544_3767991023229716_8610676990693765653_o.jpg

Unfortunately being a beach find, It's in terrible condition. But nonetheless, I am ecstatic!

wow great find twitch,I reckon some collectors missing the 23 will be foaming at the mouth for that?

Twitch909

Theres a special pencil that brings coins like yours back to life and it dose an amazing job Id personally look into it as youd be surprised how good itll look once done.
And yes great find indeed!.

dirtdiggin said:
Twitch909

Theres a special pencil that brings coins like yours back to life and it dose an amazing job Id personally look into it as youd be surprised how good itll look once done.
And yes great find indeed!.

I have heard of them, I don't know enough about cleaning them up to know if it would be detrimental to the value of the coin.
I'll look into it more, Thanks!

Latest posts