Fire Monitoring Sites

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fire at Flowerdale is now contained đź‘Ť

With regard to emergency services monitoring sites it's important to heed the warnings and make the appropriate decisions at the time of the warnings. As I previously said they are nothing more than an information system that unfortunately doesn't always provide true and accurate information. With the instance of the Flowerdale fire I was in the position to fully understand the situation from a perspective of being a local who knows the area and have 1st hand fire fighting experience. At the end of the day any of us could find ourselves in a situation where we don't have 1st hand knowledge of our location to fully understand the potential impacts an emergency might pose hence heed the warnings and take appropriate action.

Here's an example of delayed information. I received the information at 10.05am today yet the message states 4.19am. This example is for Advice Message only however in the case of Watch and Act or Emergency messages they have been known to be delayed also. At the end of the day if communication systems fail which they absolutely can, you won't receive anything nor will you be calling or messaging anyone.
IMG_20230225_100644.jpg

Latest posts