Finds from Perth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I caved in yesterday and went and purchased an excalibur 2. I figured I'll keep using the nox for dry sand/shallow stuff and use the excal for diving and deeper water.
I tested it out today for the first time, I did't find much just junk and 3 bucks, but this encounter more than made up for it. I didn't get it all but I did get a good shot of him coming in for a look.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/Mv3pJ3Kdaz4[/video]

Yeah he was very curious about what i was doing. The video doesn't do his size justice, he was big and healthy looking.

He was just off a popular swimming beach, i don't know of any colonies near by

Oh and I've got some mods to make to the excal. I mean really minelab, why stick with that s shaft

Perth Tim said:
Yeah he was very curious about what i was doing. The video doesn't do his size justice, he was big and healthy looking.

He was just off a popular swimming beach, i don't know of any colonies near by

Oh and I've got some mods to make to the excal. I mean really minelab, why stick with that s shaft

Me neither, but they're often around, especially at Cottesloe. I've heard they're even coming over the top of the new shark-proof screen there and checking the place out. :D

Makes sense they would, the screen keeps the other predators out and gives the seals an advantage.

I didn't see him approaching me, which is as good thing as from a distance a large fast moving shadow would have had me walking on water back to dry land

My nox was replaced (awesome minelab warranty) and I gave it trial by fire(water) this morning. Straight in to the sea. No seals today, just a boring old 14k gold ring..... :D

1586583629_20200411_131139.jpg

1586583630_20200411_131144.jpg

Gotta dig the trash to get that treasure! The gold ring gave a really funky signal, I almost gave up on it as it was about 30cm down, but it kept giving me a solid 10 vdi at times. Turns out there was a piece of junk in the same hole as the ring throwing it off.

I went for a quick hunt this morning since the sea was calm, even though it was raining. Water was actually nice and clear for the most part and surpirsingly warm.

I found $6 and this ring, I think it's gold as it's stamped and it weighs 14 grams which is a hefty ring. The thing I'm a little stumped by is it's got 750 and 375 inside, so I'm thinking they did white gold and yellow gold to achieve those highlights on the ripple effect? I did a displacement test and it's got an SG of 12.5 which puts it in the 10k gold range.

I tested the diamonds and they are real, that's another indicator as no one is putting real diamonds in a fake ring. I'm just not sure if of it's gold content.

1587187762_20200418_131501.jpg

Smashed out a quick hunt today, water was rough and a bit murky but i still managed to fish out a 1925 and 1951 six pence. Funny thing was there was no junk at all. I got a few coins as well, but not a single pull tab or bit of random bit foil.

1589015966_20200509_171644.jpg

So with the epic storms in Perth last weekend I dusted off the sand scoop and hit the beach, metres of sand had been moved off so I expected to do ok. Tonnes of competition out there for finds

1590582322_20200527_183213.jpg

The silvers were a good find and in exceptional condition for being beach crusties, they were way up on the beach showing just how much sand had been removed. The ring was a nice find, the braclet is 925.
The cufflink isn't solid gold but gold filled, I think it's actually pretty old going by the design of it.

That makes gold ring number 5 for the year, I'm pretty stoked.

Latest posts