field trip to old gold mine

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you hoping to start it up as a mine or as a tourist venture?
If it were in QLD I could help you with the red tape, but it looks like its in NSW eh?

As a mine and in NSW so i think things are a bit different just waiting for more info the hardest part so far is the paper work. And then the different people you have to please begins. :) do you have to be a mine manager in QLQ?

Good luck to you Bugsey. Hope it all works your way mate.
You gotta be excited with the prospect of getting a permit to work the site !!
Keep us posted. You're starting to live the dream for some of us.
Cheers
Chris

Brilliant photos, although it's not all that old I would love to see it up and running. I'm a big kid at heart, love watching machinery of all shapes and sizes working, the older the better. I guess it comes from when I was a kid watching my grandfather and uncle and their mates working in Q.L.D's oldest steam driven sawmill.
:) Mick

Bugsey said:
As a mine and in NSW so i think things are a bit different just waiting for more info the hardest part so far is the paper work. And then the different people you have to please begins. :) do you have to be a mine manager in QLQ?

Mine manager, technically yes, as soon as operations commence. This is when you need to inform the mine safety mob that you are gonna start the plant....

Mining logs, plant maintenance schedules, compliance this, compliant with that.... Technical reports, financial reports, annual yield report, significant works and rehabilitation report, native title, cultural heritage, peg inspections, surprise inspections and general visits from people you would rather not see!!!!
Love it!!

Bugsey, at first it was a nightmare looking at the shear scale of what was in front of me when I got my first lease.... it does get easier, but never likeable!
Get to know your local mines dept, all the staff, they are there to help. Ask, ask and ask again!! then listen..... people have done it before and may know 'short cuts'. Its an expensive game, a lot will be outlayed before you ever see any yella stuff!

At least with that place, a lot of gear is there already, you did mention one of those trommels works?
What are you gonna load it with, how will you clear your tailings, how sound are your containment/settling ponds........
and why did the previous people quit mining and leave working gear there????

Yeah im pretty excited and will keep you all posted to the progress although the machinery is not that old the mines date back over 100 years so there is some history to the place but due to the owners privacy i cant say too much. :)

Thanks mate. ive been looking for a pot of gold for a while just cant seem to find one. :)

Latest posts