Fake Detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ded Driver

WA is my backyard
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did a bit of a search & couldn't find a thread dedicated to Fake Detectors/
I came across mention of a fake X-Terra on Alibaba elsewhere today
titled '705 Gold pack' .. in the item specifics its brand name is listed as 'Tekpoint'
& 'Model Number: MT750'
Appears they may have even copied the Minelab operators manual
blatant infringement of copyright! :N:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...41-4398-86cc-2c2f26dfef62&transAbTest=ae803_5

Aussiedigs said:
I posted about my purchase at the end of this thread.

Al.

I have always wondered how the knock off GB pro is. It is more the lack of warranty or support that turns me away. Have you had a look at the internals?

Though you did pick it up for less then a penny so I am sure you have no complaints :cool:

Goldpin Prospecting said:
Aussiedigs said:

Al.

I have always wondered how the knock off GB pro is. It is more the lack of warranty or support that turns me away. Have you had a look at the internals?

Though you did pick it up for less then a penny so I am sure you have no complaints :cool:
the ones I have seen are crap even thinking that they will work well is a joke

at least this one doesn't claim to be a Minelab GPX,
tho it does claim to use
"Tech:
1.Technology:MPS,DVT&SET"

and I had a laugh at its
"Main Feature:
9.fit for kinds of soil"

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/326...lgo_pvid=1c3d9695-db87-467c-83fc-2917e21cd6ac
1559036402_fake_gpx.jpg

Aussiedigs said:

Al.

Nah no complaints mate. I havent found any gold but i put that down to a total lack of experience. I have dug up nails at quite a depth so it seems to work ok. Yeah i must pop the lid and see what it looks like in there.

savage bitter said:
Aussiedigs said:

Al.

the ones I have seen are crap even thinking that they will work well is a joke

The GBPF had no probs picking up this lead weight at 6. It has detected iron at quite a depth.
1559173968_2cd8ee99-f3a5-4f32-a939-29b6431ad3ef.jpg

1559173968_a90e4b99-1eb5-4f83-acc0-9fdaabbef6d6.jpg

Aussiedigs said:
If anyone wants a test done with this detector, let me know.

Thanks for the pics Aussie. One test that could be valuable is to test it on gold nuggets of various sizes alongside a decent/known detector. That's presuming you have the hardware & the nugs :argh:

Aussiedigs said:
If anyone wants a test done with this detector, let me know.

Thanks for the pics Aussie. One test that could be valuable is to test it on gold nuggets of various sizes alongside a decent/known detector. That's presuming you have the hardware & the nugs :argh:

Aaargh!!! If only i had nuggets! Havent got there yet mate.

When i can mate Ill honour it.

Al.

Latest posts