EQ Spirit wireless battery

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have been thinking about the bluetooth option but this looks to be what I am after, just chasing info and feedback from anyone using this setup. How heavy is the battery? Is there any lag on audio? I see the little ripper is good but seem to be unavailable now. I always use headphones so will never be running a speaker.

Cheers

I used the "little ripper" set up & it was great.
If the Bluetooth or wireless option is mainly what your after a much cheaper & better alternative is to use Bluetooth low latency rx/tx units like the Avantree Saturn Pro http://www.avantree.com/product-bluetooth-transmitter-and-receiver-avantree-saturn-pro.html They are more versatile to a variety of uses. You can get a pair of them for as low as $70-90 on eBay sometimes.
Using these I would firstly try them without a booster if using headphones. You should be able to adjust volume enough for headphone use. If you find that you are still wanting a booster then a number can be purchased that will work with the units i.e. LH-380 mini guitar amp, B&Z booster, Vktek Treasuremate II etc. I've used them all & they all work fine. The Avantree units have no noticeable lag at all.
The only issue with the 5000 would still be the battery i.e. you would still be wired from harness to the detector or you can get a control box cover with a battery pouch but I found the Minelab batteries can get heavy after awhile. It doesn't bother a lot of people though. The small camcorder type batteries might be an option there also if you want to be completely wire free on the 5k. Wouldn't be an issue on your CTX.

Edit: p.s. I tried a couple of times to get some feedback on the EQ spirit but never found out much about them being used out in the field. I had one bloke say he was happy with the set up, no probs & another told me he was not happy with the audio performance at all & returned it for a refund. 50/50

mbasko said:
If the Bluetooth or wireless option is mainly what your after a much cheaper & better alternative is to use Bluetooth low latency rx/tx units like the Avantree Saturn Pro http://www.avantree.com/product-bluetooth-transmitter-and-receiver-avantree-saturn-pro.html They are more versatile to a variety of uses. You can get a pair of them for as low as $70-90 on eBay sometimes.
Using these I would firstly try them without a booster if using headphones. You should be able to adjust volume enough for headphone use. If you find that you are still wanting a booster then a number can be purchased that will work with the units i.e. LH-380 mini guitar amp, B&Z booster, Vktek Treasuremate II etc. I've used them all & they all work fine. The Avantree units have no noticeable lag at all.
The only issue with the 5000 would still be the battery i.e. you would still be wired from harness to the detector or you can get a control box cover with a battery pouch but I found the Minelab batteries can get heavy after awhile. It doesn't bother a lot of people though. The small camcorder type batteries might be an option there also if you want to be completely wire free on the 5k. Wouldn't be an issue on your CTX.

Edit: p.s. I tried a couple of times to get some feedback on the EQ spirit but never found out much about them being used out in the field. I had one bloke say he was happy with the set up, no probs & another told me he was not happy with the audio performance at all & returned it for a refund. 50/50

cheers mate, yeah i have to get a new smaller battery anyway and dont want 3 or 4 things to charge every day. this EQ spirit setup will be just like the CTX just the 2 things to charge and keeping it as simple as possible and that is what I want less dramas in the field. Have seen the little ripper in action and want it but can't seem to be able to source one.

Ismael stopped making them & has said that there won't be anymore. They do come up for sale used but very rarely.
The EQ to me reads great but I would have liked more feedback on them in use. Either way I'm happy with my set up now even though it does create extra charging with the Bluetooth units & the detector battery/s.
Being wire free is definately the go.

mbasko said:

Mate are you running 2 of the Avantree Saturn pro's? I have looked into bluetooth headphones instead of using one in RX but there is only a few Headphones that are low latency. I like the look of them only 32ms latency and seem to have a long running time have you found they last a full days detecting? Cheers

Yep using x 2. I use a booster & speaker on my SDC & GP3500 so have one on the detector (tx) & one on the booster (rx). Would be the same direct to whatever choice of headphones you wanted to use. They offer more versatility & choice in use of headphones + ability to change to booster/speaker if required over just having Bluetooth headphones.
Have detected full days with them regularly without issue but I do have 2 x pairs just in case.

mbasko said:
Yep using x 2. I use a booster & speaker on my SDC & GP3500 so have one on the detector (tx) & one on the booster (rx). Would be the same direct to whatever choice of headphones you wanted to use. They offer more versatility & choice in use of headphones + ability to change to booster/speaker if required over just having Bluetooth headphones.
Have detected full days with them regularly without issue but I do have 2 x pairs just in case.

cheers for your feedback mate.