Drywashing Conveyor system

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I check windy.com before going out each morning and try to face the dryblower into the wind. It usually works. I still have the problem of clearing the heavier material from the classifier. I like you setup.

I would change the mesh on that screen . The material is not sliding , round bars or punched plate ? Weld 1/4 bars with 1/4 inch spaces vertically on a frame ? The rocks will then slide down .

You could make it into a shaking screen . Mount on springs , add 2 - 1/2 inch bearings to the screen frame . Weld on a 1 inch piece of rod in the middle . This will give an out of balance effect . Use a loose belt to the electric motor , you will only need a small motor . Lower the angle of the screen .

Run a detector over the tailings .

I am only trying to give you some suggestions to improve it .

You could put some woven wire mesh on , it would be better than what you have got there .

As you are digging down deep , I would be checking with a detector all the time .

At 77 I have made many things but I have always found time to try and improve it .

Try putting some woven mesh on top and hold it on with some cable ties , to see how it goes ?

Adding to Mike's suggestion, I used a couple of oven shelves on Mrs M's little treasure trommel.

1644722830_grizzly.jpg

It's not robust enough for heavy rocks but certainly clears well.

Many, many years ago before they were made illegal , I built a 3 inch floating dredge . I was not happy to find my "gold" was going over the end of my sluice box . I did a number of modifications at the top end . It was a great success , I could only find gold in the first foot of my sluice . After that I only cleaned up the first foot on a daily basis .

I would load all my gear on my Ford Falcon , on a Thursday night . The sluice box was on the roof rack , with the hoses . The 5 h.p . pump was in the boot . So , at lunch time , Friday , I would leave work and head for the bush . 4 or more hours drive , I could then set up my camp and dredge before dark . One day a guy came into the factory and asked who owned the sluice box ? Frank [RIP ] was a fellow gold seeker . We were great friends for many years .

Hi , I tried a grizzly insted of a screen but thin / skinny rocks would go thru & plug up the feed gate , Normally I am not taking a video so I will keep the screen clean as we go , I think a grizzly grate would be better for a trommel set up. , Drywashers don't like large rocks .

Latest posts