Drake, Tooloom, Tabulam Region NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not to be nasty but we have the gold lease of all this area as an active gold mine for the last 25 yrs. when i read your stories about the different creeks you have explored i find it interresting nothing has been found we have mapped the whole area that you are in and found its only hard rock not alluvial i can point you guys on the right path and the correct property owners at a small fee that they charge our mine is consistantly getting broken into by clowns that give you people a bad name our place has security cameras located all over the place and many have been caught buy this im not blaming detectors im blaming the bike riders etc that have no respect i have confronted many detector people and after talking to them i can see that they are gen. and im willing to give directions to the hot spots
Hi Carl,
I agree with you on that. There are a selected few who ruin it for most with absolutely no respect. I've witnessed it a few times now.

Hi all, I have been accessing the Girard state forest a few times, was hoping to access Boorook... however I just realised that they were closed. The MinView data has been inconsistent with displaying its fossicking restrictions. If you select Non fossicking areas it only highlights leases. However, when you zoom all the way in you can see that all of the Girard area is restricted. Anyone have any knowledge about this? I was under the impression that Girard was open for fossicking.
This link below also shows that it is closed.
https://data-fcnsw.opendata.arcgis..../explore?location=-28.973104,152.433254,11.12
I am looking for some areas around the Tenterfield / Drake area. So if anybody could help me out with some pointers, it would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Most of the area now is covered by a Mining Operation lease... That means No Entry.... You will have to do research to find out where and where you can not go...

LW...

Hi everyone, my names Harry and I'm wondering if you guys have any info of Tooloom creek area and in particular joes gully, wanting to head that way next holidays for some panning and camping with my dad. Would be great for some pointers or to suggest some people to talk to. Thanks, Harry

Hi everyone, my names Harry and I'm wondering if you guys have any info of Tooloom creek area and in particular joes gully, wanting to head that way next holidays for some panning and camping with my dad. Would be great for some pointers or to suggest some people to talk to. Thanks, Harry
Hi Man,
The area in question is stickly no entry the area is all private property. And I would not go in there under any circumstances so would not recommend for anyone to so. The area is not a designated fossicking area even in state Forrest which is entirely under exploration so permission is required. (From exploration lease holder)to fossick even in state Forrest.i have had better luck at Warwick with acess and fossicking.

Hi Man,
The area in question is stickly no entry the area is all private property. And I would not go in there under any circumstances so would not recommend for anyone to so. The area is not a designated fossicking area even in state Forrest which is entirely under exploration so permission is required. (From exploration lease holder)to fossick even in state Forrest.i have had better luck at Warwick with acess and fossicking.
Thanks for the reply, sounds pretty tough getting access... could potentialy ask ask a few properties to see if I can get given access to a few spots. But might just have to go back to my old spot :)

Thanks for the reply, sounds pretty tough getting access... could potentialy ask ask a few properties to see if I can get given access to a few spots. But might just have to go back to my old spot :)
No worries man. I have tried out there with with no luck at all. It's the same deal with private property most is under mining exploration and requires owner permission and EPL holder permission to acess.

The whole LGA in this area in question is not a designated fossicking area it's not a fossicking area until you get closer to the Grafton Coffs area and further west out towards Bingara. From last time I did the overlays in that area there was no fossicking district in this area

Latest posts