Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting.....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer

Jennifer
Reaction score
WOW... had a serious blond moment on the weekend, sharing in the hopes it saves you doing the same... LOL

I own several parcels of land in various rich areas and have had an ongoing issue with ATV'ers (that I won't get into, answer questions about etc here). Well this weekend I thought I'd try out the new Kubota and decommission one of the roads through the property (yes, I know they can go around, I"m giving them an indicator it's private land, I have no false beliefs it will stop them, this is one step in many that the Sheriff and I are taking to resolve this issue).... well as I was preparing to dig, my neighbor says to me "where's your detector"... I'm like "At home, today is a Kubota day, not detecting day silly" TOTALLY failing to make the connection that if you dig a hole in gold country for ANY reason, you don't walk away from it without swinging coil.... and went about my business..... within an hour of finishing, I watched two people (Yes, I know who you both are and I'd recommend taking Don's advise re what he said to you when he saw you loading up, you didn't see me like you told him, but I did see you, the Sheriff has both your names (J & W and photos of your ATV/bike and tread patterns..grin)...you were both vapor trails by the time I'd got to where you stopped, I didn't know a Suburban with a trailer could travel so fast..LOL) but I digress. ?

I get home and am chatting with a friend... and of course hear... "Did you check the trench before leaving?" OK.. now I'm really thinking "dang..." so it was late, I left it.... and went back the next morning.....

It's wild having swung on ground so long where you have to listen so hard to every little faint sound "is that a nugget, is that one" to squeek out one or two and then go to a freshly dug trench, step down into the trench of virgin dirt and BLAAAAAAAAAA BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BLAAAAAAAAAAAAA blowing your ear off like it would have been for the old timers with the first detectors... Yea, I guess I'm calling SD and early detectorists old timers now.. lol.

Anyway... the moral of the story... if you are playing on your tractor in gold country..... "Don't walk away Renee", you may be leaving almost 4 grams behind for trespassers to find.... :(

PS: While I may not be on Aussie soil, my prayers are with all of you down under as I watch 9, 7, 10 and ABC daily and see the tragedy unfolding..... Hugs and prayers to all my detecting brothers and sisters... please be safe. :8

Jen

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/JGFHSGTItlQ[/video]
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/_SIWLcM3hnA[/video]

1577288610_2019-12-25_08-32-37.jpg

1577288610_2019-12-25_08-32-56.jpg

1577288610_2019-12-25_08-18-57.jpg

1577288610_2019-12-25_08-12-34.jpg

1577288610_2019-12-25_08-12-11.jpg

1577288610_2019-12-25_08-11-57.jpg

Those guys, and their friends, could come back with detectors now.

Good luck with the trespassers and hopefully more gold for you there.

RM Outback said:
Great story :Y: man I'd love to have machinery in gold country and the law on my side to combat scumbags. Can you put up a fence and gate, if it's your property surely you can :/

Absolutely... to keep myself from being sued, (American's are litigious pieces of BLEEEEEEEEEEEP) I also have to post these signs to let them know I have spike strips down..... the nice thing is it's a lot easier to say that I was in fear for me my life and just fill their heads with lead but that's another story.. LOL

PS: These signs aren't to protect them, they're to protect me from all the frivolous lawsuits when they end up dragging their ATV's off my property with 4 flat tires... :)

Jen
1577320739_ropv4964.jpg

1577320739_img_6272.jpg

1577320739_img_6271.jpg

1577320739_img_6270.jpg

Heatho said:
Nice nugget Jen, must be some more tracks that need sorting out now. :D :Y:

Thanks Heath.... yup, there's lots of gold on this property, "borrowed" enough from the land to pay it off already and am setting up a small scale "FRIENDS ONLY" prospecting base camp in the future... fly into Vegas, I pick you up, you stay in one of my cabins on site and I take you out prospecing in the area... stay tuned... should be fun.

More info to follow on http://www.going-prospect-inn.com (dead link at present).

Jen

Hi Jennifer, sadly in Australia the law would prosecute you for putting in the trenches that criminals might hurt themselves on.
Glad your laws defend the land owner not the criminals.

goldtrapper said:
Hi Jennifer, sadly in Australia the law would prosecute you for putting in the trenches that criminals might hurt themselves on.
Glad your laws defend the land owner not the criminals.

yea well same here if you don't put up neon signs saying they're about to plunge into a ravine... thus my "would be better off just capping their ass, heck, I already have the hole for the body dug" comment.. LOL

A few years back i stayed at a friends place who lives in Mesquite NV
He and his wife took me out in the desert riding ATVs ..
He hired a local guide for the day to take us on a tour of the desert , was an amazing place and experience.

nucopia said:
He hired a local guide for the day to take us on a tour of the desert , was an amazing place and experience.

Coooooooolio, I'm not too far from there.. let me know if you ever come back to Vegas, I'll take you out detecting.

Jen

nucopia said:

Are you sure they didn't take you out to Jennifers place Nucopia? :lol: :lol:

Jennifer said:
nucopia said:

Coooooooolio, I'm not too far from there.. let me know if you ever come back to Vegas, I'll take you out detecting.

Jen
Gday Jen
Planing to go back the end of 2020 and stay a few months ..one of our bucket list items is do a road trip visiting friends and relatives and explore the states as we go..

Na deepseeker
I wasnt into prospecting at the time , so never even thought about it ..just enjoyed getting out and seeing the deseart.. It was one of about 5 trips the mate took me on while I was there.. visited some amazing places ..
We even met some Elvis impersonators, at an India reservation when we stopped for gas and a meal...that was bizarre..
:8