Don't walk away Renee.... detect, even if not detecting.....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny story Jen , I understand being such a big property its difficult to fence it all , but clear signs must be a help.

I guess you already have signs on every road or track where your property begins that say ;

Do not enter . Private property , no trespassing , yes we live here full time , yes we may be out shooting vermin at any time of day or night , beware stray bullets

Those little nuggets are awesome encouragement to get the kubota out there with a wide bucket and scrape the top 8 inches off areas where you already found the best gold previously.

Lucky you. :heart:

I wish I lived on preoperty like that . :brokenh:

We. are planning a return trip early next year Jen ..
We would have been there 2 years ago but for the pandemic and sadly I wasnt able to visit my best friend one last time before cancer took him from us..

Are you coming to Nevada or flying into LA then catching a connecting flight some where?

We will probably fly in to LA
Our eldest daughter’s boyfriend has place in Loma Linda CA and his mothers family are from Colorado.

Well if you can sneak over to Vegas for a day or 2 let me know, I'll take you out. Make up an excuse, tell the Mrs. you want to take her to a show, you sneak out to go to the washroom, I'll be waiting out front with the truck, we'll be back in less than ummmm 9 hours. LOL

I see it here often where people who've been poaching off every Tom, Dick and Harry's lease for years eventually manages to buy or peg a lease. From that day on they feel the pain when somebody else steps onto their little bit of turf. How many or perhaps how few of you have never prospected on forbidden ground 🤠

I’m thinking that i should look for an affordable travel trailer and a vehicle to tow it , then we have our own transportation and accommodation where ever we go..
This is the main company that does it here, they're usually in GREAT shape and they're all over the place as far as pickup / drop off... you can pickup in LA, drop off in Vancouver, BC fly home from there or wherever (just an example).. it's a nationwide reputable chain.

https://www.cruiseamerica.com/rv-rentals
El Monte RV doesn't have as many locations but they do have lots and are reputable.

https://www.elmonterv.com/rv-rental/where-you-can-rent-rvs/rv-rentals-location-las-vegas-rv-rentals
I'm on 65 acres and live full time in a 43' toy hauler and am preparing my property for an AirBNB style spare unit on the property for visitors... I may have it set up by the time you get here and I can pick you up in Vegas at the airport and bring you out for a swing leave your equip at home, (I have lots).. it's only a short hop from LAX to Vegas, let's keep in touch.

B82089D5-32FA-458A-B66E-2F208A3BDD3F_1_102_o.jpeg

AEBDAB4F-584F-4D05-9A66-ED536587018F_1_102_o.jpeg

PS: Pack light if you come in Summer (your Winter)... yes that's F and is the black windows on the above RV.

1680223624483.png

Last edited:
Thanks Jen
Mesquite NV is on our list of places to visit when we are there.
Lisa the wife of my best friend and who was in the Elvis photo, has her home there.
Thanks for the RV links 👍🏾
THAT's CRAZY... I can see Mesquite from my back porch... (in my best Sarah Palin voice)... how funny, well for sure keep in touch, if not this trip then the next..... Google "Gold Basin" "King Tut Placers" "Lost Basin" Arizona.... (for those who think I've lost the plot re Palin, scroll to the bottom and watch the video, I'm aging myself. LOL)

Get a couple of your friends from the pub to toss in a buck or two with you and you can even buy a lease out here (actually that's further SE than here, they shouldn't really be calling it Gold Basin)... ;)
https://goldrushexpeditions.com/mining_claim/gold-basin/
Chris Ralph has a great write up on it:
http://nevada-outback-gems.com/prospecting_info/gold_basin.htm
1680231195438.png

Last edited:

Latest posts