Diesel heater for your caravan.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heater is here.
Another question:
The 10L fuel tank has two pads for installing suction pipe, one on the side and one on the bottom.
Any tips for installing the aluminium suction fitting?
First thoughts is a length of wire fed through a holed drilled in the tank up and out the filler cap spout through the fitting and secured then pull it back into tank and hopefully able to align it and pull it through hole?
Any help would be appreciated.

I used fishing line, put the line through the fitting, it self aligns, make sure you put an oring on the inside and outside of the tank or it will leak.

In the "Baffles" you will find the bottom of the hole is flat.
The flats are used for mounting it.

Yes, That is what they are for.

I used some very solid self tappers and washers as 10 liters of fuel
weighs close to 10 kilo's.

Taking into consideration the width of the flat.

1631320419_20210911_102930.jpg

1631320419_20210911_102940.jpg
:perfect:

I was worried about that so I used the stand pipe.

Or the pickup pipe if you wish.

Gpx5000 said:
I used fishing line, put the line through the fitting, it self aligns, make sure you put an oring on the inside and outside of the tank or it will leak.

Tathradj said:
I was worried about that so I used the stand pipe.

Or the pickup pipe if you wish.

Gpx5000 said:

No need to worry, theyre chinese made orings, what could possibly go wrong :lol:

Nightjar said:
Gpx5000 said:

Thanks, now that was easy and yes o ring inside and out.

Good to hear, the hardest part is climbing under your van to run the rest of the fuel line..... :argh:

I had a guy in a caravan park say to me chinese heaters are sh*t, they only last 12 months. I replied with exactly what you said.....he went quiet

Hi Nightjar

A mate gave me his Chinese heater when he sold his van. I installed it about 4 months ago. A relatively simple task but you do get a good workout. You are inside the van, under the van, inside the van etc, etc about a hundred times. Measure twice and cut once does not apply here. I reckon measure a dozen times and then re- measure again is the go. Like Doug said, a small pilot hole as a test is the go. With tanks, wiring harnesses, pipes, cross members, wheel arches etc under the van, the chances of jagging the perfect spot to mount the unit is a bit of a lottery. I wired my unit directly to the battery and installed an isolation switch just for the extra safety (especially when the van is being stored) I also just recently extended the exhaust to ensure that it sent fumes outside the line of the van.

Cheers

Les

Latest posts