Devils Dice?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jf65

Julie
Reaction score
I was wondering what "devils dice" was (lol, i'm new to this) and i just googled it... when my dad passed away, he left a tackle box, in it, along side his nuggets, was with some gold in quartz, opals, other stones (most of which he found, cut and polished himself) plus these little brown stones (which he has shaped and rounded), some which had gold seams running through them and others which look like they have opal seams, I'm not sure if these are "devils dice"...any ideas?

jf65

Devils Dice are iron pyrite and are a completely square cube. What you have in the tackle are cabochon's (the rounded stones - do a Google image search) of probably varying stone. Any chance of posting a pic of the stones you are unsure of? Thanks

Hi jf65,
I found this a few months ago on one of my rock smashing expeditions.... I think this is a devils dice.. I have found another few of these in the same vicinity over the last year or so.
I will attempt to take a better picture of it later today...
Cheers Happy Camper

My brother has them at the moment...I will be going to get them some time in the next week, and will post some pics then...Thanks Jamo :)

Sorry this is new to me .... guess I gotta read the upload instructions first!

1378509641_devils_dice.jpeg

You can find them in Temora NSW near the old Mother Shipton mine. Willo

That's the one Happy Camper, thanks.

Look forward to seeing them jf65

1378794248_resize_3.jpg
another one, but these pics dont really show the really vibrant bright colors that are running through them.

They look like polished boulder opal to me - lovely specimens Willo

Agree on the Boulder opal. Very nice. They could be worth while getting set.

Latest posts