Deteknix / Quest Wirefree - wireless headphones and tx/rx set ups

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. All, I've. Just purchased a wireless Set up from Nenad in SA. I'm fitting it onto my 5000 first up but it can be swapped over to the 2300 very quickly without any bother. It's very light weight and compact and has a volume control on the receiver. I will let you know how successful it is when we get a bit of good weather so I can start detecting.

Wishful, this is the setup on the 5000, you will note the small battery. It comes from mine lab with the holder incl. the little transmitter can be fitted anywhere on the detector, mine is velcroed to the side of the control box cover. The little receiver (pictured), can be carried anywhere on your person, just plug any headphones into it, switch them both on (little buttons on both) and that's it.
On the 2300 just plug the transmitter into the "NENAD" lead on the detector and off you go, no mine lab battery required of course. As you can see it's just a matter of shifting the little transmitter from one detector to the other, and you are "wireless" on either one. I will pm you the cost as requested.
1469241926_image.jpg

Thanks Leroy. Pics are great. That set up may help me as my hearing is r/s. I wear a hearing aid in my left ear, can't wear one in my right as it gets infected I found that the more I turned my aid up the more interference I got from the borowed sdc I was using
but managed to get used to the different tones. Just need to find something like yours to try before I go ahead and buy one, it's a bit useless if it won't be any good for me.

Thanks for your interest Nightjar, I have a cable guard fitted which bolts to bottom of handle, I'm trying to get as much of my coil cable protected as I can. I also have a swing arm fitted which has to be in a certain position so as I can use it in the most comfortable way.ie length of ones arm etc. By moving the handle forward to much, I cancel out some of the protection on my coil cable and it means that I have to shift the swing arm bow knuckle into an awkward position(for me anyhow) I know it sounds a bit complicated and as I have just fitted the wireless set up I'll have a look and see if I can maybe come forward a little.
Regards, leroy

Saw a wireless system that auman man is working on looks nice and compact waiting till he works out the bugs and then I will buy one when in production..

kemjak57 said:
Hey Jin, what is the battery you have set up on your detector? Rick

Battery is a FLOUREON 2S2P 8000mAh 7.4V 40C LiPo Battery Deans Plug

Costs about $45

Jin said:
kemjak57 said:
Hey Jin, what is the battery you have set up on your detector? Rick

Battery is a FLOUREON 2S2P 8000mAh 7.4V 40C LiPo Battery Deans Plug

Costs about $45
whats the battery life on one of those, while out in the field?

Leroy said:
Thanks for your interest Nightjar, I have a cable guard fitted which bolts to bottom of handle, I'm trying to get as much of my coil cable protected as I can. I also have a swing arm fitted which has to be in a certain position so as I can use it in the most comfortable way.ie length of ones arm etc. By moving the handle forward to much, I cancel out some of the protection on my coil cable and it means that I have to shift the swing arm bow knuckle into an awkward position(for me anyhow) I know it sounds a bit complicated and as I have just fitted the wireless set up I'll have a look and see if I can maybe come forward a little.
Regards, leroy

Reply to Jin and yourself;

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t23974-setting-up-your-machine-for-comfortable-swinging

Thanks for comments Nenad. I know it costs a bit more (mine lab small battery), but I wanted one for a backup and your wireless tranny plugs straight in without any joining of wires and soldering etc. I'm not clued up enough to do it any other way and I found that together with Bungy, swing arm and running coil on the ground most of the time, weight was no issue. The standard mine lab battery also fits on the cover set up, so at a pinch!!. I've put that one in and I feel one or two hours would be no bother. That's just my personal opinion of course.

Nightjar, just read your post to Jin and myself re. Easy swinging, I have followed your suggestions, and as I mentioned to another member this morning, detector looks and feels like a new machine, Thankyou.

Latest posts