Deano from Coffs Harbour -Mid North Coast- New South Wales -Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday. Deano from Coffs Harbour. I am an early retiree due to injury. I discovered fossicking at a time in my life when I was at wits end. Suddenly i found some jaspers and crystals and gems began coming as gifts, interests in the rock shop at the local markets and I was BITTEN.
My initial short hunts were fruitless and I decided to get into the nity gritty of geology, volcanism, and gem and minerology. I have read and read over the last 12 months and consider my knowledge of the local area geological formative and content as well and truely excessive. LOL .

My interest lies firmly with volcanics, and gems but have recently added gold to my list of studies. As I am permenantly injured with a painfull spinal condition rocks have given me a purpose to learn and live and I thank the universe for that. i dont get out in the field much but when I do I need to be effecient as I tire quickly and cannot bend for long so extensive geological and arial study on internet is critical for me. Virtual fossicking via satelite maps takes me directly to the bearing grounds rather than guess a spot, I study it arially and work out where high bearing ancient gravels might lie away from our young rivers and creeks, in rivers and gullies long eroded and changed.

So I look forward to some awesome discussions on all topics fossicking and goodhunting.

:cool:

Welcome to PA Deano. There's a wealth of information from seasoned detectorists on this site. I know you'll learn more and contribute to the knowledge base. We look forward to you post pics of some great finds.

gooday mate.. bad luck with the back...my mate had a very bad back for years.. he recently went to Brisbane and had day laser surgery treatment and walked out pain free.. :)

Welcome mate .Sorry about u back but great u got an interest in something that u enjoy. Wish i had your knowledge and could find spots off satalite .

Latest posts