Dealing with EMI on a GPX

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thread Revival:....

Just wondering Nenad? (HNY btw).... your article refers to the 5K settings (most not applicable to the 4K) and got me wondering.

You state that when conducting an Auto Tune, to turn the 'Sweep' speed to fast before-hand....do you suggest the same when doing so on the 4K? (I'd just not heard of the practice, 4K or otherwise tbh)...as i mostly use slow for both timings, and, sweep speed (mostly walk old leases and 'flogged' ground) and figured it is better to tune, to the speeds you use on the ground???.

I go to a local area that gets regular EMI, and a recent coil change up to the 17x10NF made it more noticeable. I'm looking to get the 16"NF rnd mono working up there, and this may be the ticket i have been looking for ???

Or,... do you have 'other' tips for EMI more suited to the 4K? I just work through it, false's and all, but it makes for a shorter detecting day, that's for sure...particularly in Summer.

Cheers
Gypsy

Hey mate,

HNY!

Yes still applicable to the 4000, it's just that Sens Smooth is less susceptible to EMI compared to Fine Gold so the 4000 is normally pretty tame. Fast motion opens the noise gate or filter allowing the detector to hear any emi noise a bit more intimately. Basically helps the detector to pick the quietest operating channel whilst doing an Auto Tune.

After the tuning process you'd drop the motion back to Slow or Very Slow, or possibly Medium if using a DD.

Hey Nenad, thanks for the response. Sounds like i will have to give it a try...as they say, nothing but time to lose, so why not?

I must have missed that in my 'training' and future readings,...that, or it just didn't 'click' to what i was reading. (most likely)

I will give it a go next time out, and let you know my results...

Good hunting this year mate, hope we can catch up at some point. ;)

Gypsy

An older post but relevant when using the older GPX detectors that come second hand these days at reasonable entry level prices like my GPX 4500 this link at the threads beginning was informative and I also reviewed the blog on coils on phase tech’s site which answered a lot of my newbie questions on coils thanks for your contribution

Latest posts