David From Hungary

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is David and I am a new member.
It's gonna be a long , but please read the whole post.
I am about to turn 30 this year and I've decided to go Australia and prospecting for gold. I live in the center of Europe, Budapest (Hungary)
So I started to organize everything, and I am right now at the planning steps of the whole journey.
I would like to go there around march/April of 2017, and stay like 3 months with a normal tourist visa.

I already started to read all the topics from the beginning here and watch your youtube videos for improving my skills.
I plan to buy everything ( metaldetector and stuffes) in Australia, becuase it seems expensive to bring from my country to yours.
About the exact metaldetectors I am not 100% about which one will be (still reading) and learning but some of my ideas such as

minelab stuffes SDC and 4500 or 5000
Makro Gold Racer Nugget Detector
White's Electronics MXT Metal Detector
Fisher Gold Bug 2 Gold Nugget Detector
White's PulseScan TDI Metal Detector

but my favourite price/knowledge is Minelab GPX 4500 + b z booster + 11 mono coil

I dont want to be rich or smthng, i would like to have fun and if it possible find enough gold to cover my fees from my country and back :)
sometimes I would like to hunt in a beach as relaxing :)

what do you think?

David

Jaros said:
Welcome David. Go for it and enjoy yourself.
Welcome David .Aust still has a lot of gold left in but there is millions of tons of dirt and rock covering it . Research and more research is needed so u know exactly what part off Aust . u will go to . It has taken me years to find my own spot in N W qld and travel over 1900 k to get there . Aust is a huge place .

Bring some kurtosh kalaks:)
Welcome on board ! Plenty of info you will find here ,
What's the visa that you're trying to come ?
If you're coming on visitor, still need to make sure you're allowed and you fall under Australian regulations in regards to prospecting. I don't know if applies for permanent residents/citizens/ or simply visitors

G'day David

Being an SDC user I am a bit biased but I believe with the limited time you have in Australia the SDC would give you the best chance of at least finding some gold. In adittion to this the 4500 would take some time to learn for you to get the best out of it , also if you do wish to beach detect the SDC is waterproof and would probably offer better resale value for you.

If you get to Adelaide I would be glad to take you out for the day but you may wish to spend the majority of your time
In the Golden Triangle Victoria if gold is the main reason for your adventure.

Good luck and cheers

Hi mate and welcome to PA, sounds like a trip of a life time, keep researching and i am sure you will figure out a great plan for when you are here, just remember australia is a huge place with a lot of isolation in place, come prepared, enjoy yourself and good luck with the gold
cheers
Jamie

David,
March/April is still very hot if you are considering the West Australian goldfields, you must be well prepared for personal safety.
Free booklet can be collected from local Police Stations or simply download this link and print in booklet form.

http://www.vks737.on.net/pdfs/survival.pdf

Good luck and no doubt you will enjoy Ozi hospitality.

Awesome idea David!

Just remember Australia is bloody big... don't expect to drive from one side to another easy in a day etc.

And it's hot, things try to kill you. :)

Also watch out for the DropBears.

If you could meet up with a few of the members, i'm sure they would love to help you out, show you around.

Welcome to PA David. A colleague from the USA was working at recent airshow when he felt a bite on his arm. He went to the local medic as it had swelled up quickly. Doc asked him to count to 10 which he did. Doc then told him he'd live (true story). Some critters can get pretty nasty out here David so research depending on where you plan to visit. Also you'll need strong and reliable transportation for yourself and supplies if you plan to get into the real bush.

Old Fred said:
Jaros said:
Welcome David. Go for it and enjoy yourself.
Welcome David .Aust still has a lot of gold left in but there is millions of tons of dirt and rock covering it . Research and more research is needed so u know exactly what part off Aust . u will go to . It has taken me years to find my own spot in N W qld and travel over 1900 k to get there . Aust is a huge place .

Yeah the hardest part right now to choose which area to go, I mean there are 3 big airports and the airport where I would like to land dependts by the area where I would like to go to prospecting (still learning and searching) 8) :rolleyes:

Maltisau said:
Sounds great! I live near the Golden Triangle in Victoria. I would be happy to offer free accommodation if you need it. Good luck with your plans.

That's so great thank you so much, definitely I'm gonna be happy to enjoy ur helpful attitude if I will be around that area ( the golden triangle one of the area where I think im gonna prospecting)
Which metaldetector are u usin'?

DeathKiss said:
Bring some kurtosh kalaks:)
Welcome on board ! Plenty of info you will find here ,
What's the visa that you're trying to come ?
If you're coming on visitor, still need to make sure you're allowed and you fall under Australian regulations in regards to prospecting. I don't know if applies for permanent residents/citizens/ or simply visitors

I would be happy if I can bring some of the kurtos kalacs :)
About Visa I meant a normal tourist visa which I can buy online before get into AUS so that cover the legal staying until 3 months. About prospecting I was think to buy a Miners right which is cost 35 AUD $ I read this here the topics of [ Fossickers Licence for Tourists?? ]

but the links doesnt live anymore, can I buy a miner right license?

Bacchus said:
G'day David

Being an SDC user I am a bit biased but I believe with the limited time you have in Australia the SDC would give you the best chance of at least finding some gold. In adittion to this the 4500 would take some time to learn for you to get the best out of it , also if you do wish to beach detect the SDC is waterproof and would probably offer better resale value for you.

If you get to Adelaide I would be glad to take you out for the day but you may wish to spend the majority of your time
In the Golden Triangle Victoria if gold is the main reason for your adventure.

Good luck and cheers

About SDC i was think too, but the difference between SDC and 4500 in price is like 1400 AUD$ looks to much now :(
Will be great to hang with u for a couple of days :) :cool:

jamie said:
Hi mate and welcome to PA, sounds like a trip of a life time, keep researching and i am sure you will figure out a great plan for when you are here, just remember australia is a huge place with a lot of isolation in place, come prepared, enjoy yourself and good luck with the gold
cheers
Jamie

thank you Jamie, yeah its like a bucket list for me, all the people around me thinks I am a fool... prospecting after gold and spendin' a lot of money to go Australia and stay there until 3 months. But I believe if I prepared as good as i can, i can found at least enugh gold to cover the fees of the whole journey and have an amazing memories when I turned back to home.

Nightjar said:
David,
March/April is still very hot if you are considering the West Australian goldfields, you must be well prepared for personal safety.
Free booklet can be collected from local Police Stations or simply download this link and print in booklet form.

Good luck and no doubt you will enjoy Ozi hospitality.

Thank you for this great pdf, I already looked for some about dangerous animals and venoms, spiders :)

Hi David
Welcome to PA.
I feel you have a lot of research to do before making decisions. I detect in the Victorian Golden Triangle and have been detecting for 12 months. I use the GPX 4500 and a variety of coils. I've found gold but not a lot. If I had 3 months to find good gold I'd be heading to the Western Australian goldfields. However it is very remote and you need to consider this and all its implications. Good luck with your research and decision making. Sounds like an epic adventure. Cheers

DropBear said:
Awesome idea David!

Just remember Australia is bloody big... don't expect to drive from one side to another easy in a day etc.

And it's hot, things try to kill you. :)

Also watch out for the DropBears.

If you could meet up with a few of the members, i'm sure they would love to help you out, show you around.

That will be so great if we can organize some prospecting together like 5-6 person from here :) :cool:

BigWave said:
Welcome to PA David. A colleague from the USA was working at recent airshow when he felt a bite on his arm. He went to the local medic as it had swelled up quickly. Doc asked him to count to 10 which he did. Doc then told him he'd live (true story). Some critters can get pretty nasty out here David so research depending on where you plan to visit. Also you'll need strong and reliable transportation for yourself and supplies if you plan to get into the real bush.

gosh hope I wont have the same :(

Latest posts