Crypto Mining .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody into crypto mining ? Care to share any thoughts and views ? I have not done any nor can I set it it up .

Got a mate that could set it up . He is not yet mining but is thinking about it . Needs some money to set it up . If you can set up a good solar system it would run for free . I think I would mine for Ether . Now the price has gone up ,it is economic to get into mining again .

I'm ready. :p :lol: :playful:

1620284027_bitcoin-mining.jpg

Simmo said:

From the article.

"If the Bitcoin Network Hashrate is 100 EH/s (100,000,000 TH/s), a WhatsMiner M20S ASIC miner with 68 TH/s, has approximately a 1 in 1,470,588 chance of mining a Bitcoin block. With one block per 10 mins they may have to wait 16 years to mine that one block."

Solar power and batteries is the way to go . Forklift batteries ? What profit you get has to be worked out on to day's price of Bitcoin and Ether . Solar panels will be paid for by the amount of electricity you save . Just needs a fair bit of money to set it up . Start small and build it up .

From the net:
Currently approximately 72,000 GWatt per Bitcoin
Crescent Electric estimates that Bitcoin is by far the most expensive cryptocurrency to mine, with an average mining cost of $4,161 per bitcoin.
Also:
Written testimony presented to the U.S. Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources in August 2018 claims that Bitcoin mining accounts for about 1% of the world's energy consumption.

ATM Bitcoin is USD$56,760 or AUD$72,950 . Looks like the electricity cost is $4,161 per Bitcoin . Then add on the cost of the gear , rent etc. So, if the total cost was $10,000 per Bitcoin , I can still see some profit . I would mine for Ether , you can set up a rig and use video cards , add more as you go . Crypto is only going up in value .

I mine about $5 a day from my home PC. Im actually about to upgrade it and use my old GPU in the new mining rig I'm building. Its just a bummer that all the good cards are sold out or hard to come buy 8.(

Just keep upgrading it . Solar power and batteries . Crypto will keep going up IMO .

Fellow cypto miners and want to be miners . [ me ] I have found by chance some crypto mining that I want to get into . Miners cost around $600 low power use 5 watt 240 volt . You have to pre order the miner and the waiting time is about 6 months ... There are around 40, 000 in use around the world . Looks easy to set up . They are mainly set up in the USA and Europe , very few in Australia but that will change . You need to get in early to get a good return . More people in lower the return .

Send me an E-mail and I will send you some info . Send me beer in 12 months time !

I just scored a very high end server that is more than capable.
GPU's are available for it but it can do quite a decent job with it's
2 processors and the way it works.
To buy it the way it is is around 10 Grand.
This server is actually designed for things like modelling.
Not going any where near bitcoin.

More out there than that. :) :)