Crypto in general

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanx Rudy Crazy & Dihusky Am taking your advice and researching and realise that have buckets of researching to do!!! Way more complex than realised! Coin Bureau is essential reading and currently learning how to stay as safe as possible by implementing their recommended practices ,so still a way off before actually investing any $.
Is another world and a bit out of my depth but will practice patience and continue studying .
Thanx again

bugalug said:
Hello crypto people ,looking for help. Am interested in crypto as a hobby .have been reading/studying but know nuthin!! As a beginner would using an exchange be the best option? 2- Do I need my own wallet on an exchange? 3-How do you prove your identity,not sure how to supply driving license or passport details online? Any input greatly appreciated,Thanx
Here's some sound advice bugalug, use your doe to buy blue chip Aussie shares like BHP or the Big 4 Banks, they are paying great dividends and if you're patient will give you a good return. :money:

The funny thing to me is that the crypto is on a ledger, part of a blockchain that is identifiable, so... where are they going to cash it in ?
It's not like they have an exchange that is working with the rest of the world, or that it can be laundered.
I could be tagged and marked not to be cashed I suppose, may have been a big waste of effort at the end of the day.

Never have been able to understand Bitcoin.
With a property the blockchain is printed on the title deed and gives the provenance of the property establishing ownership chain from when the deed was created. This establishes authenticity to the title deed and ti its value for the owner. Even so property is property and has an intrinsic value eg an unowned piece of land still has an intrinsic value.
With bitcoin what does the blockchain do for it? What is the thing that the blockchain creates the provenance for and what is the intrinsic value of that thing that would make it desirable for me to own?
Maybe others might be able to explain things better for me?