Crypto in general

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am toying with the idea of using one of my servers.
Primagy RX2540 M4
256 Gig Ram,
Full array of HDD's,
Dual processors, 16 core each.

Hmmmm. :coffee: :coffee:

What GPU is in it?
You can enter that into a calculator to see what it's profitibility will be before you even try.

Mike678 said:
No profit ATM only a loss if you have to pay for electricity .

Mine is still profitable after taking out power. It just churns away making money!
Obviously its way down as is all my crypto.

Waiting on a friend of mine for some GPU's for it.

I can kick 16 cores in plus half the RAM for the mean time.
If I wanted too.

Servers like this are built for Data processing in huge quantities.
And a few test's I have ran really impressed me.

It is now sitting in a corner waiting. ;)

Simmo said:
What GPU is in it?
You can enter that into a calculator to see what it's profitibility will be before you even try.

Yup, you would know better than I, but CPU mining is not a good idea..
GPU or find an ASIC that you trust...

Oky dokes, so in real world testing!!
One month in!

I've learn't heaps and no doubt got a lot more study to do!
This mining game is cool to make a couple of bucks. If you want to make squillion's, you need to invest squillions and then hope that the market goes in your favour.

My normal Crypto portfolio is massively down, as the market dips.

1643621756_1.jpg

Pionex Bots are doing their thing, but I am down there too!!

1643621926_2.jpg

With the GPU Miner, it's just plugging away! I have a monthly profit! Albeit tied to the current market, but it's now MY money!

1643622019_untitled.jpg

So one thing to note, about what I am doing with Nicehash, and mining through them.. technically all I am doing is 'renting out' my GPU and my internet speed.
I don't need to worry about the market because others are using my GPU to mine what ever coin they want.
I simply get paid for that in BTC. I am not mining any coins per se.

Now with an ASIC, you could possibly get much higher returns if you pick the right coin to mine.
Same as with a good GPU, pick an algo that works for you and go for it!
Me and my mate are about $1 apart right now with a dedicated GPU miner and my Nicehash miner.. That could be alot at the end of the year???

Anyway, it's all good fun!

Yea I had a bet on IOTA and pulled out for a $450 profit but should of hung on, now my bet on Stella is going strong I bought in at 0.1695 with a 1K investment and it now on 0.21 and going north and I'm sure this crypto will go further north in the next month when my bet expires

Hello crypto people ,looking for help. Am interested in crypto as a hobby .have been reading/studying but know nuthin!! As a beginner would using an exchange be the best option? 2- Do I need my own wallet on an exchange? 3-How do you prove your identity,not sure how to supply driving license or passport details online? Any input greatly appreciated,Thanx

bugalug, are you in Australia ?
Coinspot is a good start, they do have good support, but can't tell you what to buy or sell, like anything it is a risk.

A referral link will get you (and me) a $10 bitcoin deposit when you sign up and make you first purchase.
https://www.coinspot.com.au/join/REFM3RMLD

Referral code - REFM3RMLD

Coinspot provides all the wallets for the coins or tokens you buy, they are held on their exchange.
If you have a lot invested you need either a paper wallet or a cold storage.

ID can be done with selfie pics and email it to them, can take 48hr to clear, it is part of their ATO requirements, like a bank.
"Coinstop" provide Cold storage devices - a $10 discount link

http://i.refs.cc/cU9he6Vv?smile_ref...hbSIsInNtaWxlX2N1c3RvbWVyX2lkIjo2OTk0MTE0Nzh9

I have a Ledger Nano X
Trezors have been hacked, but it takes a lot of work.

This link to a Youtuber is interesting for learning stuff - He also has a website where it is reasonably safe to find stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbmXfe9PO0g

Good luck.

;)

Thanx for the reply & info Greenhornet & Jaros, much appreciated .Don't mind loosing any deposited money for crypto[prefer not to though lol] mainly concerned about identity theft, credit card details and any other things I don't know about. The more I read/learn the less secure it seems.

As crypto is so volatile one must study for a couple of weeks to find the highs and lows as no use just buying on a high on coinspot as you are only buying tokens and only make a profit when they rise and lose when they fall.

Another platform is +500 where what is called a "contract for difference" is offered so lets say you go a buy you make money when the price rises and if you go a sell make money when the price drops. Now depending on the stock or token there is a margin and a marging is the difference between the buy and sell price. Protection is now in place as if your stock goes the wrong way bigtime it is cancelled before your amount on the exchange is close to zero and by law it can't go below. This is called a margin call and the only way to keep your position open is put more funds in.

Now a while ago I was watching the crypto and took a gamble on a sell for Etherum and man it's the quickest $100 I ever made as well over a K was wiped off in less than an hour. The market was at the bottom this morning and is now bouncing back and expect the next crash to come in a few days. As that is the cycle of the market this year, most cryptos are now trading at less than 1/2 the price they were late last year and for some it will take years if ever to get their place back.

It truly is a mugs game and for some fun get on coinspot and pick a stock with 5 zeros after the decimal as if/when they rise the profits are huge, I started with $200 and ended up after 12 months buying 200 million Shiba at a very low price and sold at the high point so yes one can turn $200 into 25K :cool:

bugalug I suggest you start with Coin Bureau on Youtube, look through all Guy's videos and work your way through. Guy is highly respected in the community as one of the best crypto educators, doesn't push anything, just provides well researched facts.

Crypto should not be treated as a 'hobby' unless you want to burn you money, treat it as a serious investment with high volatility and remarkable returns if you do it right.

Put some time in educating yourself first.

I've been in crypto since 2017 and it's been very good to us, but it can be challenging when you see 5 figures washed off your portfolio in 24hrs, but it's always come back bigger and better when handled the right way, so educate yourself first.

Latest posts