Crypto in general

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mackka said:
I don't know anything about cripto, but saw this on FB.
Mackka

All good mate, I thought it was a coin, but it's not.

It seems very similar to Pionex, ie an auto-bot crypto trading tool.
It looks cool, it's free, minimum deposit is 250 Euros ($390 ozzy)

I didn't see the big US licensing thing that Pionex boast about and I think the reviews were somewhat directed away from Pionex.???
I may take a look at it as another AI tool to compare with Pionex.
You can never have too many pokers in the fire eh?!

Got any more crypto you want to bring to our attention Mikezoom? :drooling: :beer: :Y: :clap:

However the most staunch free-market advocates in the crypto sphere believe it is the lack of policy which gives the phenomenon so much potential.

Where I stopped reading!!!

Yey!!
I have my first crypto mining machine up and running!!
It's mining BTC atm and going very slowly!! (about 21 Mega hash per second!)
It's taken me a day or so to work it out, but it is running and current projected earnings are $9.40 a week!!

A fella I just got to know has a whole host of GPU's running and at today's prices he is getting a reliable $150 a day.
I'm looking at buying a DOGE miner from him..

If the prices turn as predicted in 2022, who knows what could happen!

1640945585_untitled.jpg

Simmo said:
Yey!!
I have my first crypto mining machine up and running!!
It's mining BTC atm and going very slowly!! (about 21 Mega hash per second!)
It's taken me a day or so to work it out, but it is running and current projected earnings are $9.40 a week!!

A fella I just got to know has a whole host of GPU's running and at today's prices he is getting a reliable $150 a day.
I'm looking at buying a DOGE miner from him..

If the prices turn as predicted in 2022, who knows what could happen!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4105/1640945585_untitled.jpg

Nice.!!

Whats the energy consumption/price vs profit in dollars to mined coins.?

Got any pics of the rig mate.?

Hi mate, it's just an old gaming PC using an Nvidia GTX 1080 GPU.
Its pulling around 120 watts and I've kept the clock speed as standard, but pulled the power of the GPU back to 75%.
Currently its at about $2.30 a day, since I connected it yesterday arvo it's mined and payed me 0.00002132 BTC or about $1.40!
At this very second, projected annual profit is $741.88. (That's at $0.19 kwh power)

1641013133_20220101_144002.jpg

1641013133_20220101_144643.jpg

Thanks Simmo, I am really enjoying these posts .It is interesting to see that gold miners can now mine crypto ( another type of gold?)and the costs v income which we all know is the point.I suppose the exposure to the Coin price will be the future payday and I wonder if any new cryptos will pay more coin for your excavator and trommel ( computer and power). Regards

silver said:
Need solar power with mains only as a backup for a better overall gain i recon :D

Yeah mate, spot on!
Unfortunately I don't have solar on our house but that is definately the go.
I suppose with only one or two miners running it is not too bad?
This excavator is only running at 120 watts and the mini doge miner I want runs at 230 watts.

Maybe a mini solar set up purpose built shed, panels, and battery(and inverter).. no need to run the entire house, just your kit.

silver said:
Maybe a mini solar set up purpose built shed, panels, and battery(and inverter).. no need to run the entire house, just your kit.

Yeah, I could run it off our camper trailer solar set up... hmmm good thinkin'!

Hey I found a no go for those of you that want to try crypto mining with a gaming PC.
So the mining is done by the GPU or graphics board. You need a fairly high end board to do this.
Even though I am using a Nvidia GE Force GTX1080 I am only getting around 22 MH/s. (the ASIC machine I want could get 185 MH/s)

So, I found out that I could get the CPU to mine as well, at the same time........ so in this machine is an I7/7000 processor which is not a bad little unit.
I turn this on and start mining with it as well.
I noted that the mega hash rate was right down low, then the PC went beserk! Every fan that could turn came on at full bore!! The PC slowed itself to 50% to save it from blowing up!
So I turned the CPU miner off and eventually everything came back to normal and we are happily mining with the GPU again at around 70'C.

OK Simmo, do a bit of research on CPU mining... End result, dont do it! Unless you have free power and a liquid cooled CPU and GPU you could fry your computer, especially if you have over clocked it.

Moral of the story?? Dont do CPU mining!!!

I know that we have some awesome IT folk on this forum, including a couple of our mods/admin!

Well, following the IoT and those in the know... I cranked up my excavator last night and went out for the night to a party...
Well... I didn't even get to my destination before my phone told me that the frikkin thing crashed and shut down!!!

This morning and home again, I reset everything and realised that I need to find a balance..

Well bugger me right now I am running 10 degrees cooler, 50% increase in MH/s, just by little tweaks!
Not even increasing some settings, like GPU clock, but decreasing!!

Such an awesome learning curve!! Annual Projected income is (currently) well over $1k!

1641206469_untitled.jpg

Latest posts