Coiltek Anti interference AI coils

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Jack

Detect
Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone have any experience using a coiltek interference coil on a GPX4500 or other GP/GPX under power lines?

I am interested to see how one would compare to say running a DD coil in cancel mode.

Happy Jack

Hi Jack the interference coil are a better options than using cancel on a dd coil, I have a 11inch ct and a 14 ct both have found gold the 14 I got a 2.5 gram at 6 to 7 inches using normal deep running tracking on the lcd depending on the ground you can increase some settings .I have used it under power lines and near electric fences regards john this was found with the 14 about 2 months ago
1544253133_p1040557.jpg

theres a 14 inch on gumtree at the moment $150 from memory, only just been put up as well,still on first page of metal detectors. :D

Hey People,
Does anyone have any experience with Coilteks A.I Coils?? I am looking at the 17x11, from what is written about it it seems to be a good one to have in the arsenal.
Any Input would be great, Cheers.

yes, the AI Coils are awesome for high EMI areas, I can crank my detector right up and use it directly under power lines. I love the 11" AI Coil for this reason. The discrimination on it works alright too. It's a shame they've discontinued it.

For the life of me I can’t find out if we run these in switch position Mono or DD…. I just picked up a used one, on my 5k which position do I use, thanks all.