Chooks eating gold!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have found aluminium in cow dung, seem the cows like to chew up aluminium cans more so in certain area of WA, was common about the Duketon area or was a number of years ago. Have never found any gold but back to chooks, it is quite possible as they eat grit (small gravel} to help with the digestive process. Off course the common story is that those one spot nuggets have been shat out by emus..

It is true.
Place not far from here a bloke knocked off a few chooks for the pot.
When cleaning out the crops, Found gold in them.
The whole coop was unduly processed and there was a lot of gold in it.

Chook coop gets rather enthusiastically cleaned out now.

A friend of mine told me of his grandmother having some gold that she had retrieved from the stomach of her chooks that she would let out on her property to graze on the banks of the Shoalhaven River.

Have found aluminium in cow dung, seem the cows like to chew up aluminium cans more so in certain area of WA, was common about the Duketon area or was a number of years ago. Have never found any gold but back to chooks, it is quite possible as they eat grit (small gravel} to help with the digestive process. Off course the common story is that those one spot nuggets have been shat out by emus..
It is well recorded and hardly surprising.

Nocked off a Duck for the pot some time ago. Upon cleaning out the stone bag, I found a 5 cent coin which had most of the detail on both sides disolved away.

I recently killed and dressed a Duck for eating.
Upon cleaning out the stone bag, I found it contained what was left of a 5c coin. Very thin with most of both sides dissolved. Didn't think to check for Gold
The kids are not going to be happy if I find anything in our ducks with the pin pointer.... 😟
Mind you, the ducks are that old, they should pass away from natural causes in about.... 10years, they are already over 14 years old 🤔

Maybe I should 'salt' the ducks feed to surprise the girls and see what happens, when they check them with pin pointers. 😁

Happy Easter kid, now go get it...

Last edited:

Latest posts