Central Coast NSW - Beaches

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyperscott

Scott
Reaction score
Hello,

So Ive been swinging my go find 40 around every now and then when i get out to the beach with the kids (the Excalibur needs some repairs)

just wondering if there are many members that get out and about on the central coast at all.
dont seem to have much luck but tend to write this off to average technique and patience.

Tend to be able to only cover dry sand with this machine. Seems to get confused by the waves/wet sand.

Found $5
2 x $2
1 x $1

Trash (well put into trash)
hand full of tent peg's
hand full of bottle caps
Shredded can sharp edges up in hole.
Kids toy (happy meal style toy)

In about 30 mins, didnt do much of the sand this day maybe 20 square metres Wamberal beach.
planning to try and get out a bit more over the next couple of weeks. See if have any better luck.

not to be tonight :)
1 x $1 coin
lots of rubish but was fun, shelly beach on the central coast tonight. well a small part of it any way.

Hi Scott,

My young fella got a GoFind20 from Santa, and we are on the Central Coast. He went out the other day to Terrigal lagoon and they (wife and daughter) found a $2 , $1 and a silver coloured junk ring. They seemed to think that the area around the car parks were better??? Bit having said that they have only been out twice. I am looking to get a detector in the new year. Waiting to see what the Minelab Equinox is like, failing that probably a Xterra 705.

There are plenty of beaches on the Central Coast that I reckon must have some coins etc I them, let me know if you wanna catch up and hit a beach together.

Regards Tim

Sounds good Tim,

Im trying to motivate my self to do it more.

Minelab Equinox does look like a nice unit thats for sure.

Scott

Tim_2260 said:
Hi Scott,

My young fella got a GoFind20 from Santa, and we are on the Central Coast. He went out the other day to Terrigal lagoon and they (wife and daughter) found a $2 , $1 and a silver coloured junk ring. They seemed to think that the area around the car parks were better??? Bit having said that they have only been out twice. I am looking to get a detector in the new year. Waiting to see what the Minelab Equinox is like, failing that probably a Xterra 705.

There are plenty of beaches on the Central Coast that I reckon must have some coins etc I them, let me know if you wanna catch up and hit a beach together.

Regards Tim
Hey Tim
Is that you moneypot :) :Y:

I beach hunt as well as other places. Have a look at November 2018 issue of Gold Gem & Tressure, beach hunting NSW Central Coast beaches WOW never seen any thing like it. But probably plenty out there doing it, just like up here but you have to be out there to find it.

Cheers

So was browsing the depths of the internet and came accross this post.. :) been alittle while..

So updating I'm still getting out and detecting and enjoying my self, have moved to an equinox and an orx these days just to shuffle things up when out and about.

Can confidently say im comfortable with the mahcine even though still learning.

Beaches are good and abit cleaner i like to think since ive been detecting.. (big finds bag.. for rubish more then finds)

I have learnt the consistency and perserverance is the key to detecting.. get out as much as you can.. the weeks that im out consistently i do better.
(typically for along time was lucky to get out a couple times a month.)

great way to clear head and have met a few people that enjoy this hobby as well.

Loving it and looking forward to continuing.

hope to run into some of you one a beach or creek some time..

Scott

Most council machines have 20 - 25 m.m. square mesh , well ours have . So all the coins pass though , seem to be doing it less to save money . Same with grass mowing .

I dont know what they use in Sydney but ive done popular places where ive not found a thing( some very deep old stuff though) where they have been . Ive seen the tracks which go around low tree branches ,so id do there and find plenty.

Latest posts