Carrying your kit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this exactly....but I'm struggling to find a decent backpack (not that I've looked that hard yet) to fit;

- Pan
- Classifier
- Yabbie Pump
- Small shovel
- other little bits and pieces, maybe a crevicing tool etc

It's the pan that never fits!

What do you guys use out in the field?

SonofOak said:
Not sure where to post this exactly....but I'm struggling to find a decent backpack (not that I've looked that hard yet) to fit;

- Pan
- Classifier
- Yabbie Pump
- Small shovel

drill a hole in the lip of the pan (if there is not one there already) hang it off your pack ....

Garrett make a pretty good prospecting pack that might do the trick:
1636021705_pack010.jpg

1636021705_pack011.jpg

1636021705_pack013.jpg

casper said:
SonofOak said:

- Pan
- Classifier
- Yabbie Pump
- Small shovel

drill a hole in the lip of the pan (if there is not one there already) hang it off your pack ....

That's what I do, use a small carabiner and clip it on. Only downside is when it's really windy, it can flip up and hit you in the head haha
The pan I normally use is 35cm so it fits in my bag anyway. I prefer panning with it cos it's quicker, I've got bigger pans that hold twice as much material but take more than twice as long to pan out.

Gday all
Ive been using a BlackWolf version for the last year......well priced but I wouldnt recommend it-at all! Uncomfortable straps, some parts are falling apart and the flap thats supposed to weather proof the top zip constantly jams up the zip. Also the aluminium frame on it interfered with the detector. Thats frustrating especially because an older model I had was superb!

You can pay a lot for a name in this arena so yeah suss them out. I always check that I can fit a pan in through the draw string of the main body of the pack even though most of the time its on a clip outside the pack as aforementioned.

My bigger pack for those hauls into the forest is a Macpac and its been nothing short of excellent. Had it for years and its still going strong.

Latest posts