Canberra region information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, anyone have any recent update on the blackberry situation at Wee Jasper?

Cheers,
Eric

Hey guys. I would also be interested in an update on blackberry situation. Iv just renewed my Permit and looking to go out in next few weekends.
Also do many of you guys use sluices out there?

Cheers
Schmidty

Hey Guys,

New to Canberra, and was just wondering if anyone knew any places near or in Canberra to metal detect / prospect gold?

Thanks

Canberra Really dose not have any thing worth spending time on that I have found. If you research the surrounding areas and read through the Forum you will find areas that might be within your area you want to travel.

Have a look here and do some research on the area.

1564731284_canvas.jpg

Lake George is at the top right

North south east or west if you are prepared to travel up to a couple hrs, i.e. Oallen forde to the east, Tuena to the north, wee jasper south west, Bredbo to the south.

Glad you found some of them interesting mate. Hope to add a few more during our WA trip. Hope you find a few nuggets while we're away....

Cheers Wal,
Can gold nuggets be detected in Jasper? Are there any other places in or near Act for nuggets

Can gold nuggets be detected in Jasper? Are there any other places in or near Act for nuggets
If you are asking can gold nuggets be found in Jasper the stone, then the answer is no... but I think you might be asking about the location of Wee Jasper near the ACT then the answer is yes. Research the Goodradigbee River in the Brindabella Ranges and also the Tumut region and Tuena Region. Many nuggets have come from these areas. Also some nice coarse gold has come from the Badger field east of Cooma.

Latest posts