Can I bring in Gold that I find from the Philippines?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you can bring gold in no problems, unless it is over $10K value then you do not need to declare it. If it is above that value you need to declare it, not sure if any duties would then be applicable.

Thank you, I have tried to look it up but could not find the right one. mainly spoke about gold jewellery. It will be a bugger if I find my million dollar nugget then, lol Might move over there then haha :D

numpty said:
dont know but maybe if it was hidden in your a small crevice they wont know.

probably best to seek better advice than mine :)
The metal detectors will go off and the seco will come to see you with his magic wand to check it :(

Id bring back any finds in a plastic vial definitely not glass and dried out too as the customs people might be a bit sus on the local water quality.
That way you can decalre it at customs and everything is nice and legal so little chance they can give you grief.
Dont exactly know what the government would do if it was in excess of 8oz, mind you if you find a nugget worth a million dollars I would stay since 1 peso is currently worth 3cents AU.
It would literally be a retirement nugget over there!

Best of luck,
TGW.

goldrat said:
numpty said:
dont know but maybe if it was hidden in your a small crevice they wont know.

probably best to seek better advice than mine :)

small crevice numpty , must be using a SDC !!!!!

Cheers
goldrat

Don't be concerned with entering Australia.
But perhaps if questions are asked at Manila departure, say "Hindi ko itago ginto. Ako'y lalakad sa tulad nito palagi." :eek:

(roughly translates to "No, I'm not smuggling gold....I always walk like this")

With all the hype about Japanese hidden hoards,
I don't think it would be worth the effort.
I would post it.
As for prospecting, I have read that people disappear or end up with
every thing from the shoulders up missing.

Latest posts