Butane Cookers Safety Hazard ( Lunch Box Cookers )

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just common sense not to put a big pot on it .Those cookers are for boiling water and bacon and eggs small things put a big pot on them and it's only a matter of time before it blows.If your cooking for a family don't use those.

vstrom said:
It's just common sense not to put a big pot on it .Those cookers are for boiling water and bacon and eggs small things put a big pot on them and it's only a matter of time before it blows.If your cooking for a family don't use those.
Only had a small fry pan on it with me steak in it . Its ok tho i saved the steak .couldnt find the egg tho so had steak and beer instead

After hearing of failures I chucked my older one in the bin and bought the new yellow gasmate with the fixed in top part. After a couple of months the small rubber seal where the canister goes into failed midway through cooking dinner and there was a fireball then whole thing was on fire. I was chopping onions right in front of it so I acted quickly to disengage the canister. No matter what i tried I couldn't get the canister to seal even trying different cannister. Chucked it in the bin as well as my jocks and bought the oztrail version which seamed to be better quality.

Brunks

Brunks111 said:
After hearing of failures I chucked my older one in the bin and bought the new yellow gasmate with the fixed in top part. After a couple of months the small rubber seal where the canister goes into failed midway through cooking dinner and there was a fireball then whole thing was on fire. I was chopping onions right in front of it so I acted quickly to disengage the canister. No matter what i tried I couldn't get the canister to seal even trying different cannister. Chucked it in the bin as well as my jocks and bought the oztrail version which seamed to be better quality.

Brunks

Yeah my cooker I've had for a long long time also flamed up as the cylinder would not seal, the seal must have perished so turfed it and bought a new one from masters

Latest posts